Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Portsmouth - Kyle Larson back in the Rumley Longhorn Chassis #6 for the DTWC.

Portsmouth - Larson back in the #6 for the DTWC.

Just seen this via a Facebook post

Can anyone confirm this? We all know he said he'd like to run that race.
    KYLE LARSON SCHEDULED TO RUN IN THE OCTOBER 16-17 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series DIRT TRACK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AT Portsmouth Raceway Park!
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Portsmouth - Larson back in the #6 for the DTWC.

Just seen this via a Facebook post

Can anyone confirm this? We all know he said he'd like to run that race.
    KYLE LARSON SCHEDULED TO RUN IN THE OCTOBER 16-17 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series DIRT TRACK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AT Portsmouth Raceway Park!
    Yes he will be running the DTWC

This has been known for months...

He will get beat and I’m still waiting for my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) T shirt 😜

“Back in the presence of greatness” with Mr. Flyboy !

I like how all of those fake racing websites on facebook are reporting this news like it's breaking.

I can't really think of one reason he won't be a favorite to win.....not one.

I'll pick him again.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Larson's participation in the DTWC will garner more attention for that race than ever before. The overall interest in dirt late models will spike big time for this race just as it did for the Port Royal deal. The promoter of the DTWC must be very happy with Larson's plans for that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Larson's participation in the DTWC will garner more attention for that race than ever before. The overall interest in dirt late models will spike big time for this race just as it did for the Port Royal deal. The promoter of the DTWC must be very happy with Larson's plans for that weekend.
    Fairly certain it will not sell more tickets that weekend... it’s already sold out every year so you would be incorrect.

As much as I would like to say he will win this race, there are direct factors that will make it hard for him to do so. Ever since PRP flooded a few years ago, the track has never been the same. Cars could run anywhere from top to bottom. Now, any race over 40 laps there turns into a train track. Larson would need to start out front to win. Hope he proves me wrong, but I have been at that track for every Lucas race and some since the flood and I am wishing they would move the DTWC somewhere else permanently.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGoFast View Post
    As much as I would like to say he will win this race, there are direct factors that will make it hard for him to do so. Ever since PRP flooded a few years ago, the track has never been the same. Cars could run anywhere from top to bottom. Now, any race over 40 laps there turns into a train track. Larson would need to start out front to win. Hope he proves me wrong, but I have been at that track for every Lucas race and some since the flood and I am wishing they would move the DTWC somewhere else permanently.
    I can't remember a year PRP didn't flood in the Spring. That track races well when it's dirty with some heavier stuff on the outside. Once it polishes off, it's only a matter of time before the rubber gets laid down.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

[QUOTE=GottaGoFast;2359095]. Ever since PRP flooded a few years agoRIGHT !!!!! what an idiot, maybe tell us what year since it was build didnt it flood. anybody that goes to PRP knows its pretty much a yearly event.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I agree with you. The excitement level will be much higher. Good for the sport. I still hope the commoner drivers beat the king of dirt.

i still cant classify him as the greatest driver on dirt , BUT if he starts in the back and wins , i will digress......

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I can't really think of one reason he won't be a favorite to win.....not one.

I'll pick him again.

I believe he will be at world finals if they have them.
    Last edited by HIGH ROLLER; 09-24-2020 at 10:53 AM.

He’s in good equipment and he’s talented but long ways from unbeatable. It’s good for the sport. Some of you should drop the prejudice because he’s a NASCAR guy, because he’s from west of the Mississippi River, and because he drives open wheel cars.
    I hate time trials.

[QUOTE=non driving fool;2359098]
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGoFast View Post
    . Ever since PRP flooded a few years agoRIGHT !!!!! what an idiot, maybe tell us what year since it was build didnt it flood. anybody that goes to PRP knows its pretty much a yearly event.
    Who's the idiot? April 30th, 2018 ring a bell? The Ohio river hit levels not seen in 20 years. What part of that do you not understand? It took a LONG time for the track to dry out. The track had never been flooded like that before. The sand levels in the track are way higher now then they have ever been. Many driver's have commented about it. But you stick to your forum gossip you tool.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

There are very good records on river stage. Y'all can check it out. Some might be surprised.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There are very good records on river stage. Y'all can check it out. Some might be surprised.
    I also was under the impression that it floods every year. At least thats what my freinds who race their every week tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I like how all of those fake racing websites on facebook are reporting this news like it's breaking.
    The day and age of Copy and Paste, use to be called plagiarism.