Default drive off corner

the car seems pretty balanced but lacks drive off the corner. the nose is down for the most part, up in the left rear. steers into the corner and has decent side bite. It does pick the whole front end slightly up for a split second on initial throttle, but the sits down. The lasts 2 races the rr tire looks great but the LR and RF are both feathered.
    Just looking for some advice to get it off the corner a little better

2013 blue grey rocket
    rocket spring smash numbers
    8"-8 1/2" on j bar
    usually start with RR bottom bar 1 hole up from bottom then move to bottom hole for feature
    rf 4" number at 1850
    RR static At 300

I have tried raising the LR extended load to 275 but didn't notice much of a difference

Quote Originally Posted by fastcar View Post
    the car seems pretty balanced but lacks drive off the corner. the nose is down for the most part, up in the left rear. steers into the corner and has decent side bite. It does pick the whole front end slightly up for a split second on initial throttle, but the sits down. The lasts 2 races the rr tire looks great but the LR and RF are both feathered.
    Just looking for some advice to get it off the corner a little better

2013 blue grey rocket
    rocket spring smash numbers
    8"-8 1/2" on j bar
    usually start with RR bottom bar 1 hole up from bottom then move to bottom hole for feature
    rf 4" number at 1850
    RR static At 300

I have tried raising the LR extended load to 275 but didn't notice much of a difference
    No idea what your 3" number is, but you are pretty low at 4". You would improve drive if you bumped up a bit in that range.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

while i agree with what's said above number wise. Are you on the wide or narrow rf. The center to center numbers are different between the two and the rocket numbers are for the narrow. Sounds to me like the car may be a little tight on initial fuel and you chase it after that. Depending on what bird cages you have the rr load number may be off. And for what it's worth our blue grey cars were best when they were barely dragging the cross member and treating up rack boots lol

it is the wide rf What number and c-c should I be on for that? Do I need to raise the 3" number as well or just the 4" number?
    I have the rocket twm birdcages so I assume the rr numbers are correct at static but ive never seen any information on travel numbers for the RR just the 300-500# range at 20"

You don't need forward drive if your corner speed is higher, fix the throttle push, likely need to make car turn more on gas. What you do depends on track configuration, and how much power you have. Is the car laying on RR...lifting LF. Yes and If your at 300 RR load put 2-4 even 6 in RR early on and see how that is. Bars correct standard position for your plates. BUT before all that, their are a lot of different load #'s and spring combinations out there.....and 4 link plates. Clear as mud what your actually on. Try more RR load, that will be telling, what rate/" on RR
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 09-25-2020 at 08:38 AM.

I kinda skipped over his front end lift comment. I wasn't sure what he was trying to say. Maybe his 5th coil is wayy out?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1