Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Could you imagine if Babb was there and won when Bloomers won. Us nut huggers would really go insane. 🤭
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I’ve been to the Icebreaker where they ran the Lucas heats first - mod heats - Lucas semi features - pure stock heats - Lucas Oil feature and it was a decent night. Out of there by 10pm.
    We made the 4 hour drive home after the late model feature and they were still finishing up the support classes when we arrived home.
    Point is, it can be done and has been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollover View Post
    TerryM what are you smoking? Nearly 12:30 before it was over. You must have missed the feature
    Of course I watched. I’ve also been to Brownstown probably 50 times. It was always central time zone, which would’ve been 11:30. When did that change?

First time ever at Brownstown. A very attractive track visually for sure. Bought 1 day and thought I'll see how it goes. Watched the 2019 Jackson to get ready for the race and after watching it couldn't get there fast enough.

As mentioned already in the thread it was a painfully long show by any standard. That's fine as they worked their way to the feature with the 2019 Jackson in my head. I'll wait as my body aches.

After qualifying and as the heats went along I started to worry. Without exaggeration there were whole heat races without a pass. Then we get to the LM and my worries proved true. Owens from the front was leading his heat. A flat, to the back on the restart with 3 to go. Jimmy Owens did not pass ONE car in THREE laps. Not one. If that doesn't tell you how the track was for 5 hrs of racing nothing will.

Yes there are long nights for whatever reason but the track was a locked down 1 bottom lane track. 5 hrs of 1 lane no pass racing until the features when they watered the top, tilled it and were racing on it 20 minutes later. A decent LM feature with some passing. ........ I was in turn 1 and I'd say close to a 1/4 of the section left before the LM feature.

After the LM feature walked back, took the tent down in the dark and drove 4 hrs home. Wasn't gonna give B-town a chance for a replay of last night. If it sucks I'll change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    First time ever at Brownstown. A very attractive track visually for sure. Bought 1 day and thought I'll see how it goes. Watched the 2019 Jackson to get ready for the race and after watching it couldn't get there fast enough.

As mentioned already in the thread it was a painfully long show by any standard. That's fine as they worked their way to the feature with the 2019 Jackson in my head. I'll wait as my body aches.

After qualifying and as the heats went along I started to worry. Without exaggeration there were whole heat races without a pass. Then we get to the LM and my worries proved true. Owens from the front was leading his heat. A flat, to the back on the restart with 3 to go. Jimmy Owens did not pass ONE car in THREE laps. Not one. If that doesn't tell you how the track was for 5 hrs of racing nothing will.

Yes there are long nights for whatever reason but the track was a locked down 1 bottom lane track. 5 hrs of 1 lane no pass racing until the features when they watered the top, tilled it and were racing on it 20 minutes later. A decent LM feature with some passing. ........ I was in turn 1 and I'd say close to a 1/4 of the section left before the LM feature.

After the LM feature walked back, took the tent down in the dark and drove 4 hrs home. Wasn't gonna give B-town a chance for a replay of last night. If it sucks I'll change the channel.
    I must’ve watched a different show lol. Owens passed three cars after going to the tail, getting up to 5th. He was then passed by two cars to finish 7th. There was plenty of passing in the heats. A decent feature? There was probably a dozen passes for the lead in the first ten laps, between four different cars. Richards checked out briefly, but the racing behind him was still awesome. There were five different leaders in a 40-lap race, and the finish between Richards and RTJ was good too. What more could you possibly ask for?

TerryM

I must’ve watched a different show lol. Owens passed three cars after going to the tail, getting up to 5th. He was then passed by two cars to finish 7th. There was plenty of passing in the heats. A decent feature? There was probably a dozen passes for the lead in the first ten laps, between four different cars. Richards checked out briefly, but the racing behind him was still awesome. There were five different leaders in a 40-lap race, and the finish between Richards and RTJ was good too. What more could you possibly ask for?

LOL? Not sure what that means but see a lot of the teenager girls use it....... Absolutely, positively, zero doubt we not only saw different shows we were at different tracks, in different states in different time zones. Was talking to the peeps around me and we were all talking about little to no passing going on and when Owens went to the back I watched him the rest of the race with 3 laps to go on a restart. Didn't pass a house on the side of the road after going to the back and finished dead last. .......... Once Lucas is done "processing" the show in 2-3 days and I can rewatch it and I'll be able to say for sure whether Chinn, Marsee and Lee either didn't start the race or just didn't finish it but Owens was dead last in his heat. https://www.dirtondirt.com/racewire5868.html

Didn't post to persuade you or anyone else just to call it like I saw it.... The only person happier than me that you enjoyed the show is you, Terry. ........ I saw 5 hrs of grueling 1 lane lockdown racing followed by a decent feature.

Yep, IMO Richards showed some fine skills to move up the field, split some racers, use 3 lines to get to the front and win. Thought Thorton did nicely to challenge a better Richards car that proved the only challenge for the lead for the LAST 25 laps, therefore making it a decent race. No real challenge for the lead for the last 25 laps for me makes it decent although you see it otherwise and that's cool........ Sucked to see The Deal get lapped, Ferguson to set fast time and stink the rest of the night, Hudson to go backwards, ditto Moyer, Moran and T-Mac, to see Pierce so frustrated he drove the low line for a lotta laps, was hoping for more out of Strickler, great to see EPJ get a podium, thought the way the track was a bottom 1 lane up to the feature Dohm had a real chance, first time seeing Hedgeco#% live and that's a good thing for me (was he driving the same car in the crate and SLM races?), great to see the kid Rice live 2 nights in a row and surprised he ran a mod motor both nights finishing 2nd in Florence knocking down the wall every lap.

Hope tonight knocks everyone's socks off especially those who defy death to walk those bleachers to get to their seats. If I saw one more 60-70 yr old fall down on the bleachers last night I saw gonna cry.

I agree about the seating. I believe I mentioned that on here a couple days ago. If you aren’t one of the locals who have the very few good seats locked up, you’re SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post

You did right. As an eternal optimist they finally broke me last year. I'm at home.

I've seen that same scenario many times when a car like Owens could not pass slower cars to save their like. Too slick. No cushion.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 09-26-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Can't quote but WRONG, B-town has been Eastern Time for many years now. It is 9:28 over there right now.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!