Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloomquist vs Moyer

Hopefully this stays reasonable but we all know there can only be one goat. These two men are the only two drivers that could be considered the best ever. Who do the race fans think gets the nod and why? I choose Bloomquist personally because he dominated for so long and won everything there is to win. Moyer has more wins but i would bet a donut Scott outshined Moyer heads up tenfold. Just the presence of Bloomquist at the track (always hiding things and the mystery behind the scenes) in the early 90s on changed the sport imo. On the other hand the two have very similar driving styles. Both drivers are very clean drivers and know how and why to drive the car straight. Scott figured out the new cars a little better than Billy could imo also. Reasons like these are why imo Bloomquist is the best ever.

Jeff Purvis wasn’t so bad but Scott did beat him.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly304 View Post
    Hopefully this stays reasonable but we all know there can only be one goat. These two men are the only two drivers that could be considered the best ever. Who do the race fans think gets the nod and why? I choose Bloomquist personally because he dominated for so long and won everything there is to win. Moyer has more wins but i would bet a donut Scott outshined Moyer heads up tenfold. Just the presence of Bloomquist at the track (always hiding things and the mystery behind the scenes) in the early 90s on changed the sport imo. On the other hand the two have very similar driving styles. Both drivers are very clean drivers and know how and why to drive the car straight. Scott figured out the new cars a little better than Billy could imo also. Reasons like these are why imo Bloomquist is the best ever.
    I think their both pretty close. Just about anyone could pick one or the other if they weren't bias towards one driver. They've both accomplished a lot more then pretty much anyone else has. Yeah good drivers have come and gone but these two have been main stays in the sport for 40+ years and I don't see anyone ever matching what either of them have done over all. Their skill and talent has out shined many for a long time. Personally I commend both of them for their longevity and ability to stay on top and be that good for as long as they have. Just My Opinion.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

They both are and ill leave it at that!🤔

I think the idea of a GOAT in a sport that is constantly evolving and progressing is a pretty useless argument. As Bloomquist and Moyer wind down, a guy like Sheppard still probably hasn’t hit his peak as a driver abs already has an incredible resume and could absolutely eclipse them both someday. In 30 years or whatever when Sheppard winds down, here will be another fantastic young shoe poised to break those records. It’s like than in every sport. I don’t think you can truly determine a GOAT until there are no more games to be played ever.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If I had a quarter every time this topic was brought up, I could fund a late model on a National tour.
    8/13/16

Useless topic I have my opinion about this but I'm keeping it to myself

Personal preference doesn't trump the actuality of who's the GOAT. It's understandable why some do and label the wrong one as being the GOAT on just an opinion...

Not necessarily. I can name a few that are hard to argue- Michael Jordan, Steve Kinser, Wayne Gretzky, Michael Phelps, the list goes on. Sure, there might be someone who comes along and makes claim to that throne, but until then, it doesn't matter.

I think if you were to put up accomplishments of both Moyer and Bloomquist, the lists would look very familiar. They both would be ridiculously long and have many of the same races on each.

It is hard to say one is better than the other of course, but not always in all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If I had a quarter every time this topic was brought up, I could fund a late model on a National tour.
    Siht, you'd blow it on hookers and hand sanitizer!!

Welp. The Dairy Queen classic at Brownstown was the tie breaker and they both won it. So we need another tie breaker.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

2 of the greatest to wheel a late model for sure. If I had to pick one I would say Bloomquist. When you went to a race and Scott was there it was like the icing on a cake. Sure moyer was there also, but everyone was around the Bloomquist car. I'd like to have what he's made in sales from the sovenier trailer over the years.

Come on now people I thought Kyle Larson was the GOAT of any racing on dirt. 😜

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Come on now people I thought Kyle Larson was the GOAT of any racing on dirt. 
    Thats because he is the GOAT of tire management from everything that I've read about him ! !

if they had to get in a car they didnt build and set the fastest time, moyer hands down. scott is the best at reinventing the wheel to always get better

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Siht, you'd blow it on hookers and hand sanitizer!!
    Yeah, but talk about some germ free fun!!!😜
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Yeah, but talk about some germ free fun!!!
    I've been told the cleanest hookers in Illinois walk the streets of Peoria... Now I know why 🤓

Bloomer is the greatest of all time imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Thats because he is the GOAT of tire management from everything that I've read about him ! !
    Yeah yeah. Definitely the GOAT

I go off national championships. How many do they each have?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels