Default Mastersbilt Rack Plate Update ?

Anyone that has updated a mastersbilt rack plate, How much did it raise the rack. 1/2" or more ?

Quote Originally Posted by ace1 View Post
    Anyone that has updated a mastersbilt rack plate, How much did it raise the rack. 1/2" or more ?
    I forget the actual amount, but it isn't the limiting factor for travel, once you are done. Which, at the end of the day, is all you need.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Per the old set up sheets, it has 1/2" spacers on the tie rod ends at the rack. My thoughts are to raise the rack 1/2", leave the spacers out and that won't effect geometry.?? Oil pan is also hitting so I will raise motor 1/2" more, at 1" now and also raise mid plate. Frame rail I think is good. There is a hole wore in the lower corner of the cross member tubing so I need to repair it anyway. Is this a lot of work for 1/2"? I know I can just order a new cross member from Mastersbilt but what fun is that.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1 View Post
    Per the old set up sheets, it has 1/2" spacers on the tie rod ends at the rack. My thoughts are to raise the rack 1/2", leave the spacers out and that won't effect geometry.?? Oil pan is also hitting so I will raise motor 1/2" more, at 1" now and also raise mid plate. Frame rail I think is good. There is a hole wore in the lower corner of the cross member tubing so I need to repair it anyway. Is this a lot of work for 1/2"? I know I can just order a new cross member from Mastersbilt but what fun is that.
    You should have a center pull heim on rf and no spacer. Iirc, LF is no spacer with the old style end where heim sits on top. If center pull there, you may still need a spacer. I just do what I need to get the bump where I want it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1