FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 29, 2020

Brandon Sheppard Back in World of Outlaws Victory Lane

SHINNSTON, W.Va. (09/29/20) – Brandon Sheppard returned to World of Outlaws Late Model Series Victory Lane Saturday after a thrilling finish in his Valvoline No. 1 Seubert Calf Ranches/ Durham Racing Engines-powered Rocket Chassis.

Sheppard stole the lead from Jared Miley in a green-white-checkered finish to earn $10,000 in front of a standing-room only crowd at Thunder Mountain Speedway in Knox Dale, Pa.

“Jared definitely, he had that race won there,” Sheppard said. “He went down there in (turns) one and two there after that caution and got over the berm there coming out of two. That let me get past him, then he slid all the way in across my nose over there, and then I did the same thing to him over here. And man, it was a tough race and a lot of fun.”

The World of Outlaws Late Model Series made their debut at Thunder Mountain Speedway Friday night. Brandon set QuickTime in his qualifying group before finishing second in his heat race behind Boom Briggs. Starting the $10,000-to-win A-Main in sixth, Sheppard marched forward to finish second behind Scott Bloomquist. Darrell Lanigan, David Scott, and Max Blair rounded out the Top-5.

Returning on Saturday, Brandon grabbed a heat race win to earn a spot in the re-draw where he received the third starting position on the feature grid. Sheppard took control from Miley when he got too high exiting turn two on the final restart. Miley fought back but Sheppard was able to take the checkers 0.302 seconds ahead.

Miley settled for second with Ashton Winger, Michael Norris, and Dennis Erb Jr. rounding out the Top-5.

“I wished we could’ve got up through there a little bit earlier. We had a really good car at the very beginning of the race, then the middle stages I felt like we weren’t as good, and there at the end we were starting to come back to it a little bit,” the Rocket Chassis house car driver said. “It’s a dream to drive this thing and it was a lot of fun tonight. This racetrack, I didn’t hear very many good things about it, but it produced some hellacious racing this weekend, so hopefully we’ll get to come back again next year.”

The World of Outlaws Late Model Series will continue the 2020 season this weekend with a Friday, October 2 stop at Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, S.C. followed by a Saturday October 3 date at 411 Motor Speedway in Seymour, Tenn.

Rocket1 Racing continues to lead the World of Outlaws Late Model Series championship standings. To learn more about these events, please visit www.WoOLMS.com.

Rocket1 Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Valvoline, Seubert Calf Ranches, Rocket Chassis, Ace Metal Works, Durham Racing Engines, FiveStar RaceCar Bodies, Gunters Honey, Hoosier Racing Tire, Integra Racing Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, Petroff Towing, Slavic Custom Racing Shirts & Decals, Sweet Manufacturing, Sunoco Race Fuels, Accu-Force Shock Service, ATL Fuel Cells, Aurora Rod Ends, Barnes Dry Sump Oil Systems, Bazell Race Fuels, Beyea Custom Headers, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Brinn Transmissions, Cometic Gasket, COMP Cams, CP Carrillo, Dohm Cycles, Edelbrock, Fibreworks Composites, Hardrock Powder Coating, Howe Racing Enterprises, Jones Racing Products, Kenny’s Components, Maxima Racing Oils, MSD, NGK Spark Plugs, Tel Tac, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, Powers Performance, Performance Rod & Custom, Quarter Master, QuickCar Racing Products, Rocket Pre-Owned Motors, Safecraft, Show Trucks Unlimited, Simpson, Stealth Carburetors, Strange Oval, Suave Talk, Total Power Valvoline Pro-V Racing, Walker Performance Filtration, Weld Racing, Wiles Driveshafts, Wilwood Brakes, Winters Performance Products, Wrisco Aluminum, Xceldyne Valvetrain, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Rocket1Racing please visit the team website at www.Rocket1Racing.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/Rocket1Racing, www.twitter.com/Rocket1_Racing, and www.instagram.com/rocket1racing.