Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Debate!!!

Trump turned it into a travesty; bellowing, repeatedly interrupting and talking out of turn, lying, pigheadedly violating the agreements carefully worked out by the official Commission on Presidential Debates and both campaign staffs for a proper discussion of policy. At a time when we're desperate for rational solutions, Trump was the proverbial bull in the china shop of democracy, and when he was done there was barely a piece of porcelain left intact. He acted as if this was one of his rallies, God help us, playing to our lowest animal instincts and insulting our intelligence.

Throughout his life and so-called career, Trump has always insisted that rules are for suckers and don't apply to him—he can shoot a person on Fifth Avenue, grab a woman by her genitals, refuse to pay his millions of debt—and last night was no exception. By all accounts, what happened Tuesday is what he planned all along. Maybe it satisfied his bloodthirsty, delusional base, stewing in a toxic soup of Fox News and QAnon conspiracies, but for most of us it was one more manifestation of the tragedy imposed on the nation—and the world—by a megalomaniac with nary a scruple or a scintilla of human kindness.

Behind in the polls, perhaps it was an act of desperation on his part, as some have suggested, a ploy to make Biden seem weak. If so, it backfired miserably and was just a further demonstration of why he is the worst president in the history of the United States—and we've had some beauts. Unfit for office, corrupt, delusional: a real triple threat. He must not receive a second term.

As many have noted, the lowest moment—the Badwater Basin at the bottom of a Death Valley-like rhetorical debacle—was Trump's refusal to condemn white supremacy and issuing what essentially was a call-to-arms to the Proud Boys, the right-wing racist thugs who are welcomed by many Republicans, and who frequently show up at peaceful protests to taunt, incite and bust some heads. Trump's people deny it's what he meant but the fringe group already has made his "Stand Back and Stand By" a new battle cry.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

lurker: i have a problem with any one that doesn't vote. and not a fan of those wasting their vote on a non-viable 3rd party candidate either. they usually complain about government more than those who's side lost. and yet they chose not to participate.

guess time will tell, but going into last night's debate, the polls have shown the president trailing in most swing states. and i saw nothing last night that would convince anyone sitting on the fence to suddenly support him. i would actually be surprised if he didn't lose ground in the polls after last night's behavior.

maybe a 2016 electoral college surprise is ahead. but i believe there are many democratic voters that won't sit at home this time just because of what the polls say. they got burned last time. and the same clown from the other side is on the ticket again.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Was trump a bit brash and abrasive? Perhaps. But what can't be denied is he showed leadership. Joe Biden looked like a deer in headlights the entire time, and he almost appeared to be blinking out an SOS message in morse code with his eyes. Between that and his studdering and stammering and losing his train of thought, it was blatantly obvious only one man on that stage is capable of leadership. Who do you want dealing with Putin, North Korea, Iran, China, etc. A deer caught in headlights like Joe, or someone strong and in control like Trump?

"People good on both sides". Trump said to Joe, "finish the sentence". Does folks not know that Trump was talking about the statute debate at the college at that time, that got pushed out in the streets. People don't know what went own because the media. Why the lies media? When the moderator ask Trump about white whatever, Trump said "sure", nobody caught that. Trump time and time has proven that he is not a racist by his actions in office.......Did anyone catch the Islam word that Joe said?....... I have relatives that are die hard Democrats, so stupid to sell your soul to a political group...... The left media is having a hay day with the debate with lies, twisting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k20 View Post
    Was trump a bit brash and abrasive? Perhaps. But what can't be denied is he showed leadership.
    brash and abrasive? he was an a$$. as he has always been. and your definition of leadership does not match mine. i want to know what his plan is for the next four years. more of the same? no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k20 View Post
    Who do you want dealing with Putin, North Korea, Iran, China, etc. A deer caught in headlights like Joe, or someone strong and in control like Trump?
    i certainly don't want trump. he cuddles up with those you mentioned while disparaging allies. he is what he is: a wanna be dictator held in check only by the constitution.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I kept looking at the area above the stage to see if Putin was pulling Trump’s puppet strings and if Obama was pulling Joe’s. What a wasted hour and a half.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    agreed. the rest of the world is laughing.

and because of the president's behavior, chris wallace never had a chance. good luck to the next two moderators. IF the debates happen.

no need to cut the microphones. just provides a clearer picture of the leadership qualities of the candidates.
    Rest of the world laughing??? Source?

I mean I believe you because it was laughable all the way around, I just haven't seen anything or anyone credible that has investigated on and reported that.......and your personal feelings don't count as credible reporting.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

you believed that before the debate. as i said, you and i are not going to change our minds. but in my opinion the undecided voters saw nothing from the president that will persuade them that they want four more years from him.
    Do you really think Joe captured any of them with that performance of his?? Most people will stick with devil they know versus one they don't in situations like this.

You read my post right after the debate, trump acted like a kid that needed to be punched in the mouth, Joe trying to sell us all air fryers and flex seal.

I'm not buying what Joe is selling, don't really believe America will either.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    I heard from the President that the economy is coming back strong despite the shutdown. He has fixed the shameful treatment of veterans regarding health care which caused the death of 300 thousand American warriors. He is a Law and Order President. Trump wants to cut taxes Biden wants to enact a 300 trillion dollar new green deal which will destroy America as we know it. Biden will reaffirm the TPP deal which gives China and other heavy polluting countries an advantage over the US. Most importantly, we heard from the President which was not disputed, that the Obama Biden administration was spying on him. If Independent voters didn't hear these facts, they weren't listening.
    BINGO!.......On Rush's show today, hispanics polled at 67% approval of Trumps debate! Bad news for Hiden Biden!

Biden told so many lies its shameful! Total lack of respect for the president calling him a liar, a racist, and telling him to shut up! I woulda applauded Trump for a right hook to Joes orthodontal work!

lurker: i have a problem with any one that doesn't vote. and not a fan of those wasting their vote on a non-viable 3rd party candidate either. they usually complain about government more than those who's side lost. and yet they chose not to participate.

guess time will tell, but going into last night's debate, the polls have shown the president trailing in most swing states. and i saw nothing last night that would convince anyone sitting on the fence to suddenly support him. i would actually be surprised if he didn't lose ground in the polls after last night's behavior.

maybe a 2016 electoral college surprise is ahead. but i believe there are many democratic voters that won't sit at home this time just because of what the polls say. they got burned last time. and the same clown from the other side is on the ticket again.
    Klem I'm serious. Do you support Communism??? I mean it.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Yous guys are so blindly partisan that the morality and political beliefs of the people you support reflects just how poor your characters are. The nation actually suffers very much from the very people that you all stand with and for.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 09-30-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Joe Biden Was Horrified When He Heard the FBI Received This Letter

Joe Biden counted on the mainstream media to cover up Hunter Biden’s underhanded business deals.

But even that isn’t enough to get him off the hook.

Joe Biden was horrified when he heard the FBI received this letter.

Senate Republicans released the report on what they had found investigating Hunter Biden’s overseas deals.

Obama officials knew that Hunter Biden was getting prodigious foreign positions he was unqualified for merely because he was the Vice President’s son.

“The presence of Hunter Biden on the Burisma board was very awkward for all U.S. officials pushing an anticorruption agenda in Ukraine,” wrote former Acting Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine, George Kent in 2016.

State Department official Amos Hochstein raised concerns about Hunter Biden’s foreign dealings in 2015 to the Vice President himself.

The report further disclosed that Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the wife of the former Mayor of Moscow.

The Senate reports state that the Obama administration “knew that Hunter Biden’s position on Burisma’s board was problematic and did interfere in the efficient execution of policy with respect to Ukraine.”

While the FBI was quick to investigate Trump’s campaign in 2016 based off of the unverified findings of the Steele dossier, it’s unclear whether these findings will prompt the agency to act to investigate Joe Biden.

Rep. Jim Jordan, ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee, sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray asking whether the FBI will be investigating the allegations against Hunter Biden.

Jordan specifically asked Wray:

Is the FBI investigating Hunter Biden’s receipt of $3.5 million from the wife of the former mayor of Moscow?
    Is the FBI investigating Hunter Biden’s payment of “thousands of dollars” to individuals involved in human trafficking and organized prostitution?
    Is the FBI investigating Hunter Biden’s Chinese transactions “involv[ing] potential criminal financial activity”?
    What actions did the FBI take after George Kent made it aware of the $7 million bribe paid by Ukrainian oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky to the Ukrainian prosecutor general?
    Jordan noted that Amos Hochstein personally spoke to Biden about his concerns about his son’s activities.

“In addition, senior State Department official George Kent raised concerns to the FBI about a $7 million bribe paid by Zlochevsky to Ukraine’s prosecutor general seven months after Hunter Biden joined Burisma’s board. [Chairman Grassley] noted that they had asked the FBI about its actions in response to these allegations, but have received no answer from you,” Jordan wrote.

It seems that the FBI may have partisan interest in investigating Republicans and not Democrats.

Also, it is important to know that Biden’s foreign policy hasn’t been influenced by payments to his son.

Klem and ss12 -

My opinion and opinion only; Party aside, I think the lack of Civility of Biden and Trump showed to me as non-Presidential. It was more of an attack session than a debate. It was missing Substance on both sides too.

i have a problem with any one that doesn't vote. ---- they usually complain about government more than those who's side lost. and yet they chose not to participate.
    I work with those people every day. Its sad!!!

---- and not a fan of those wasting their vote on a non-viable 3rd party candidate either.
    As a Libertarian, Jo Jorgenson just isn’t the right person.

Default ss12 / Proud Boys

ss12 -

Up until now, when I vetted the term “Proud Boys“, I didn’t even know what they were per say or what they stood for (according to wiki) ---- it was a not even on my radar situation.

While Trump might not have disavowed Proud Boys when he had the chance, which is bad --- Biden didn’t disavowed Antifa either, which is bad also.

Both are numbskulls on this.

Biden did reply to Antifa "its an idea not an organization". Trump's F.B.I. Chris Wray indicated the same "Antifa is more of an ideology than an organization". Trump has more to worry about Antifa than Biden. Antifa - Antifascist Fascism - Trump
    Last edited by ss12; 10-01-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

And Biden was wrong.....again.

Rose City Antifa....Antifa Seven Hills.....Antifa Sacramento....Atlanta Antiifacictss, All known subversive groups with an Idea of hate and destruction of American institutions and values. They are the true fascists, Sorry FBI Director Wray, Antifa is a well funded and a real organized group.

Who are the Proud Boys? White males, Mexican American, African American, Asian American folk that drive pick up trucks, own those notorious long guns, legally i might add and shop at Walmart. Another words Hillary's Deplorables. They believe its there right to protect their property and family when no other protection is afforded to them. They aren't burning, looting or getting in your face at restaurants. KKK, American Nazi Party, American Communist Party and Antifa are the real bad guys. Can't say i know any of those scum but I do know many deplorables.
    Last edited by MUD MAESTRO; 10-01-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Rose City Antifa....Antifa Seven Hills.....Antifa Sacramento....Atlanta Antiifacictss, All known subversive groups with an Idea of hate and destruction of American institutions and values. They are the true fascists, Sorry FBI Director Wray, Antifa is a well funded and a real organized group.
    I think that they think if they say antifa isn't a group enough times they will quit being a group and start being just an idea......idiots, all of em.

Great post Mud.