Default Lucas Oil at Raceway 7 cancelled

Due to impending weather.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Really. 56 and no rain was just too much!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Many tracks have made very little money this season due to State government orders/shut downs.
    Can you blame a track for calling the race that has to shell out the kind of $$$$$ it takes to cover the sanction fees and purse plus their normal operating costs if there's even the slightest chance of not getting the show in with what's happened this season.
    It's easy to sit back and complain when it's not coming out of your bank account....

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Many tracks have made very little money this season due to State government orders/shut downs.
    Can you blame a track for calling the race that has to shell out the kind of $$$$$ it takes to cover the sanction fees and purse plus their normal operating costs if there's even the slightest chance of not getting the show in with what's happened this season.
    It's easy to sit back and complain when it's not coming out of your bank account....
    Every Lucas race I have been to this year has literally been standing room only, so there's not really that much risk involved. It's almost a guaranteed home run. Crowds have been the biggest I've ever seen.

Raceway 7 isn’t exactly the most stable track on the planet.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'm not sure how this track makes it. I lived about 2 miles from the place for a short time and I can tell you that it is in the middle of nowhere. Not a very thriving area and no major cities to pull fans from. Without ideal conditions, I can see why they pulled the plug.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm not sure how this track makes it. I lived about 2 miles from the place for a short time and I can tell you that it is in the middle of nowhere. Not a very thriving area and no major cities to pull fans from. Without ideal conditions, I can see why they pulled the plug.
    When Neilson had the place it was hugely successful with the best weekly fields of late models in the country. They got 35-40 supers every week. The potential is there but management has to PROMOTE races, not host races.

Just curious Gearhead, how long ago was that?
    8/13/16

That would've been Early 2000's. 7-Stateline-Eriez was huge about 15-20 years ago.
    2023 Races - 1(1 Track)
    2022 Races - 66(16 Tracks)
    2021 Races - 100(31 tracks)
    2020 Races - 56(15 tracks)
    2019 Races - 75(23 tracks)
    2018 Races - 66(26 tracks)
    2017 Races - 62(18 tracks)

I was out there from 2010-2014. I don't remember any SLM specials while I was there. Went to 1 show and was not impressed. I think the closest place for me was Pittsburgh or Sharron.
    I remember another track that was close by in Franklin Pa. It closed shortly after I attended a BB Mod/LM show. Probably the most primitive seating I have ever seen.
    Late model racing around NW Pa. and NE Ohio was pretty lame back then but again, I'm pretty spoiled in Central Illinois.
    8/13/16

Hh, that's tri city in franklin. They just opened back up this year running 410s, 358 mods and 4 cylinders. I went to there first race this year and it was a pretty good show.

Highside, that would've been Tri-City when Hetrick's bought it and decided it'd be a great idea to run Friday Night's. Yeah, it was a complete disaster and absolutely stupid of them. Stateline is just over the border in NY(about an hour east of Erie), and Eriez is about 10 mins south of I-90 on 19/97. Both have ran supers on Saturdays and Sundays forever. 7 ran them weekly up until, I wanna say around 2012 or so. I could be a little off on that year. I can't remember when the McDonald's purchased it and got rid of them because they were basically dying out. Thunder Mountain and Lernerville now run them every friday night up here. They are far from dying out, and I feel like it may be making a comeback.
    2023 Races - 1(1 Track)

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    Highside, that would've been Tri-City when Hetrick's bought it and decided it'd be a great idea to run Friday Night's. Yeah, it was a complete disaster and absolutely stupid of them. Stateline is just over the border in NY(about an hour east of Erie), and Eriez is about 10 mins south of I-90 on 19/97. Both have ran supers on Saturdays and Sundays forever. 7 ran them weekly up until, I wanna say around 2012 or so. I could be a little off on that year. I can't remember when the McDonald's purchased it and got rid of them because they were basically dying out. Thunder Mountain and Lernerville now run them every friday night up here. They are far from dying out, and I feel like it may be making a comeback.
    I did attend the Firecracker when I was out there but kick myself for not going to Eriez. If I remember, rain got me once. Any time I conversed with someone from the area on racing, they would say"this is sprint car country". lol
    8/13/16

The Mercer/Sharon/Lernerville/Tri-City tracks definetly were Sprint Car territory. The late model tracks were more of a northern thing. They would venture to Tri-City occasionally. I just wish Tri-City would run them more often now, since it seems Eriez has gone downhill with track prep the last couple months. They did try to run them twice this year, however, the wonderful rain won both times. I'm just glad tracks are thriving for the most part in this area. Heard a reliable source say last weekend at Thunder Mountain that Marion Center is re-opening next year. Obviously WVMS is re-opening. Two tracks i've never been to in this area. Now if only Challenger would re-open just so I can go there. About the only three tracks in the general area I've never been to.
    2023 Races - 1(1 Track)