Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bristol dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's dirt....it's Bristol....it's a little different.

How bad could it be?

I wish they would run a 40 lap Lucas feature prior to the NASCAR event.....just to show the NASCAR fans the deal.
    Personally, it was awesome. NASCAR facilities, our seats were in the Allison section, double seats with backs. Row 47 I think, just to the right of the finish line. And pretty dang good racing.

Remember Schlieper dumpin Chupp, Chupp had him a moment and hit I believe Dan and maybe Ronnie Johnson. So Dan dumped him, it was deserved.

Personally, I would love to go back. During a NASCAR dirt race, I dunno. Track won’t be prepped the same, so you really in my opinion won’t get the full late model experience. But a strictly late model show, for sure.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I would be shocked if Bristol takes all the time and money to put all that dirt down just to run a Cup race. My guess is they'll run the WoO sprint cars and the WoO late models on the following weekends to justify all the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    I would be shocked if Bristol takes all the time and money to put all that dirt down just to run a Cup race. My guess is they'll run the WoO sprint cars and the WoO late models on the following weekends to justify all the effort.
    I hope you are right 👍

Why not run a race on it the weekend before with a dirt series of some description to get feedback on the track prep and surface before the NASCAR weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Why not run a race on it the weekend before with a dirt series of some description to get feedback on the track prep and surface before the NASCAR weekend?
    Unfortunately I don’t think they are smart enough to actually do this. 😜

One of your best posts ever.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

They won’t be running the WoO stuff before the Cup stuff because it would draw attention to how slow the Cup cars actually are on dirt, but as I’ve heard it, the following weekend should see real dirt racing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Exactly. Good thoughts