Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bristol dirt

I can't imagine them not trying to the most bang out of it with the cost, but it is NASCAR we're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    my theory is they have the nascar weekend and then sometime later will have some dirt series come. That way nascar doesn't lose any of the thunder for their weekend. No reason a big time dirt show in May or June couldn't happen IMO. I mean they are spending the money on the dirt why not get 2-3 shows out of it. I think you could even have a killer ump mod or street stock event. I know if I had a DSS and had a shot to race at Bristol I would go.
    The Nascar dirt race is the end of March. I don't think the dirt will be down too much longer after that. Highly doubt it isn't cleaned up in April. My $0.02

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    The Nascar dirt race is the end of March. I don't think the dirt will be down too much longer after that. Highly doubt it isn't cleaned up in April. My $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    my theory is they have the nascar weekend and then sometime later will have some dirt series come. That way nascar doesn't lose any of the thunder for their weekend. No reason a big time dirt show in May or June couldn't happen IMO. I mean they are spending the money on the dirt why not get 2-3 shows out of it. I think you could even have a killer ump mod or street stock event. I know if I had a DSS and had a shot to race at Bristol I would go.
    It would be cool to see a Big Block Modified on the track. In My Opinion they put on a better show on the bigger tracks and with it being Bristol I'm sure they would come if they can.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    It would be cool to see a Big Block Modified on the track. In My Opinion they put on a better show on the bigger tracks and with it being Bristol I'm sure they would come if they can.
    Dam that's a great idea Nate...do those guys run on anything even close to that banking?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

One article I read on the subject quoted they (NASCAR) were talking with other series about putting on events there while the dirt was down. No mention of whether it would be before or after the Cup race just that there were talks about "other possible events."

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Dam that's a great idea Nate...do those guys run on anything even close to that banking?
    The BBM's have raced at Eldora a couple of time. It's been a few years but they were there. Eldora may be the closest to Bristol in regards to banking.

Anyone have any insight on getting some dirt cars on Bristol. April 9,10 tbd for woo lates and no woo sprint schedule yet. I will probably go to the cup race if there is nothing else to go but would rather see something fast there

One big problem I see with the Cup race is time of year. Eldora has good luck with hard,slick, dry surface for the July truck race. Here in TN we are still getting frosts in April. That clay is not gonna be hard and dry I dont think. Rough, rutted up crash fest I predict, hope I'm wrong.

WoO lm's are 3 hours away that weekend at gaffney s.c.,but Lucas oil lm's are off that weekend. they could run under some other regional sanctioning too but i hope they run lm's and not sprints as a support class. they would be fools not to try to use that dirt over several weekends imo.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

i heard bristol was hard on equipment such as broken wheels. Maybe have to run steel wheels.

I don’t see any support classes nascar weekend other than the trucks. I just would think the outlaws would get to come back considering they had 40,000ish fans 20 years ago. Thinking it may be a deal where they can’t announce their weekend until after cup weekend. Pure speculation but I could see nascar doing it.

I was told the clay for this race will come from Wythe Raceway.Anyone who has been to Wythe knows it is the smoothest dirt track there is.On top of that is has less dust than any other.Fred Brown and his son Perry have been hired to prep the track.The dust was the biggest concern of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by b1eagle View Post
    I was told the clay for this race will come from Wythe Raceway.Anyone who has been to Wythe knows it is the smoothest dirt track there is.On top of that is has less dust than any other.Fred Brown and his son Perry have been hired to prep the track.The dust was the biggest concern of the track.
    At least they are getting the best people and dirt. Now will this mess up Wythe?Bristol dirt racing is so old news. 1990’s stuff.

Ah yes they are having a nascrap race. The seats, if covid is over, are going to have to stay dust free for the nascrap cry baby's. After that race is over I'm sure they can bring in every class of car that runs in the state of Tennessee if they care to do so.

Again RajFlyboy runs his mouth when he has no idea what he is talking about... why is Bristol Dirt 1990’s talk? They didn’t run there with dirt until 2000 and 2001...

Default Ernie

What I was thinking. I was there in 01 for the UDTRA all 3 nights.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by keith94elliott View Post
    i heard bristol was hard on equipment such as broken wheels. Maybe have to run steel wheels.
    It absolutely was. The first year they had I think 176 or so cars. Didn’t go that year, went the second year. They had 74-78 cars lol. With new rules. Steel wheels, axles had to be heavy duty, not the fancy ones, and some other stuff, can’t remember it all. Just so much downforce.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It's dirt....it's Bristol....it's a little different.

How bad could it be?

I wish they would run a 40 lap Lucas feature prior to the NASCAR event.....just to show the NASCAR fans the deal.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Ran both years (albeit not very well), the first year taught everyone a lesson for sure. Second year we still ran aluminum wheels, just not the XL's. Some guys did go back to steel axle tubes but it was not a rule (and not sure how many actually did). Today's cars on the track as they had it would be wide open and hard on equipment as well!

I do hope late models are part of the Bristol dirt event