Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    The McRib is back would be a more hyped announcement that national driver Stormy
    I agree, but it gave the Bloomer haters something to chirp about. Even though Ricky has already talked about building his own chassis.

Yea it is stormy they have posted the picture of it and it is black and grey with a green stripe it does look pretty sweet looking but i still don't see it helping him but i could be wrong

Do guys ever get in another chassis and run some laps to see if it even fits for them or pretty just on a whim.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    And why would tanner switch he's had his best finishes of the year the last few races. And i totally agree with mbr the only difference is knowing how to make a car act like you want it to. Their are differences in chassis that favor one condition vs the other but those differences don't make the car unable to be setup to favor the opposite end of the spectrum if so intended. Look at Owens rocket. That thing is bad fast and usually about as straight a you'll see a latemodel. Certainly doesn't remotely resemble the blue one car
    Tanner is like Dennis Erb. He can't qualify to save his life, the boy knows how to pass some cars when it's feature time.

Stormy's 2020 Lucas Oil stats. 38 Features started. 0 wins. 0 top 5's. 4 top 10's. He currently sits 14th in points, one position ahead of Shannon Buckingham (who dropped off) and one position behind Hudson O'Neil (no longer running the tour full time?). When you're down that low, the only way is up.

Hudson O'Neal made up the races he missed. He is back in good standing with the series and will be at the remaining scheduled Lucas Oil events.

I enjoyed watching the scott bros in their modifieds. They know how its done in those. These late models are causing stormy fits. Johnny seems OK when he runs one. I don't know who the better driver is. I see that running the racing 3/4 groove to the cushion is where they have fits. Get down so early in the night they can't recover. I think they are trying to make the car to perfect and are dialing themselves out instead of driving what they know is fast and learning from there. I don't think you can get these cars of today fast enough to fit the conditions generically. You have to shoot for something you can get around the arena with enough speed. Then drive it however required.

I'm not a driver but that is what I'm seeing.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Isn't that why Johnny went and ran a couple of MLRA events (I believe that's what they were). To try and figure them out instead of grinding it at the Lucas shows
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I’ve seen them at the track and here is my take on the situation. I believe they can drive. They need to hire someone more familiar with late model and shock technologies. Sooner or late it gets to a point where it’s not fun. A good crew chief right now is more important than the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Do guys ever get in another chassis and run some laps to see if it even fits for them or pretty just on a whim.
    Maybe this is the method behind Chris' Madness. Just keep changing teams and see what everyone has, to determine what you like best before buying. http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/cool.png

How is his new chassis working out? I've been watching and he isn't getting a lot of camera time.

I think Blackie finally got his chassis jig up and running...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

How does someone make up races they miss?
    Does Lucas oil series only count so many races?

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I think Blackie finally got his chassis jig up and running...
    Yea thats taking away from under the desk where blakie specializes! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by rdcllk View Post
    How does someone make up races they miss?
    Does Lucas oil series only count so many races?
    They count them all. He must have been awarded hardship or something. It was announced a while back that he was back in good standing.

It's no different than the regular drivers getting their cars measured with a different template while a crew member rides on the back.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1