Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint drying

My tolerance of those 1 AM finishing shows was much better when was in my 20s. Not so much now.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
    Agree 100%-would that NC track have 3 numbers in it???

FreeBird
    Actually, no. That one has cut down to 4 or 5 classes, and they are generally done before 11:00. The one I spoke of is an hour west of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Seems like running 54 different types of classes during a national touring event is a southern thing.
    You exactly correct I wish I lived north.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I can't even fathom 6 support classes. I'm skipping Fall Nats @Lincoln because of 4 support classes in 48 degree temps.
    I wouldn't know how to act if I went to a race track with 4 support classes.

Watching Cherokee's tribal nationals. First feature of 6 just took the green at 10:25. Another long night coming.

And if you trust Racemonitor's timing, the last feature started at 2:06 am.

2:06 AM are they still racing ? That's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    My tolerance of those 1 AM finishing shows was much better when was in my 20s. Not so much now.
    Exactly same thing I was thinking. After the races were over, head to bar til that closed so finish time didn't matter. The fan base now is much older and tracks need to take that into consideration and try to finish at a decent time. We don't want to sit there all night. I go to some races by myself and nothing worse than making a long haul home alone trying to stay awake in the wee hours of the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Exactly same thing I was thinking. After the races were over, head to bar til that closed so finish time didn't matter. The fan base now is much older and tracks need to take that into consideration and try to finish at a decent time. We don't want to sit there all night. I go to some races by myself and nothing worse than making a long haul home alone trying to stay awake in the wee hours of the morning.
    You are exactly right I have left race tracks at 2 am an not seen the super race but guess what those race tracks are out of business.So a message to promoters just keep running all nite.

I’m with speedy shows, even more so when WoO or Lucas oil is in town, but this was a big weekend for Cherokee, every class paid 2000-4000 over $100,000 payout...they had a lot of cars just makes things run longer, maybe a 3 day show next year, run WoO and 1-2 supports on Friday And have v8 nationals on Saturday-Sunday?

No Big A on the Sunday...But have part of qualifying on Thursday if you have to ...

Just think you get 12 hours of racing without that long drive to Sebring!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

There is a reason your momma warns you about that place. Actually several reasons. There is going to be 10 classes, they all qualify, you will be there all night and the LM feature will be one lane. I feel sorry for those local fans.

Lucas show ran good back in early summer. I was out of there before 11 pm

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    You exactly correct I wish I lived north.
    easy fix , MOVE .......

You can have the winter and the rust belt politics.

Just to show the difference in 2 tracks with the same headliner series, I went to the WoO race at 411 on Saturday. The WoO feature was over by 9:30, and they had 5 support classes.
    They just started earlier 6:00 hotlaps, and they hotlap and qualify the lower divisions at the same time, so they are on track only once before their features. Great track, great management. Been to both major series races there this year, and was not disappointed in the least with the way the show moved along.

I ain't goin to bash Cherokee did they run a lot of classes this weekend the answer is yes but this is one of the biggest weekends of the year cause they honor one of the greatest drivers to ever grace that speedway. The Mike Duvall Memorial is a big race and it honors a great driver and man so to bash them for putting on a show is crazy. I will agree that they did run a lot of classes on Friday night but you knew that goin into the event so if you didn't want to watch the support classes you couldve turned them all off and just kept checking in but it is what it is i was actually watching everything from the high school football game across town and after the game was over i ended up goin and watching the WOO main event and the rest of the show so i was kind of glad they did what they did