Thread: NHRA accident

Default NHRA accident

Thankfully the Safety technology worked in this Leah Pruett crash. My hat goes off to all the drivers and crew in this sport 👍. You also have a lot of drivers who still work on cars between rounds in the NHRA. 👍😀. https://m.facebook.com/NHRA/videos/m...8864409130470/

I was there this weekend. With the cool track temps, they were making incredible horsepower all weekend. Crew chiefs were tuning the engines down all weekend and still were making to much hp. They literally cancelled the remainder of PS, PM, and bikes. Track was to unsafe. Engine tuners were saying that they had never witnessed these conditions before. They were totally lost on setups. These cars seldom run in those conditions.
    8/13/16

Cold = lower density altitude = more power. I guess too much power to be able to get traction. NHRA has a great product and team tents and drivers are still accessible to fans. I enjoy going when they roll through Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I was there this weekend. With the cool track temps, they were making incredible horsepower all weekend. Crew chiefs were tuning the engines down all weekend and still were making to much hp. They literally cancelled the remainder of PS, PM, and bikes. Track was to unsafe. Engine tuners were saying that they had never witnessed these conditions before. They were totally lost on setups. These cars seldom run in those conditions.
    i bet those conditions made it fun to watch , every form of racing needs a little shake up ever now and then....

It was fun but a lot of runs didn’t go more than a couple hundred feet. Some NHRA teams are low on staffing and drivers were working on cars between rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Cold = lower density altitude = more power. I guess too much power to be able to get traction. NHRA has a great product and team tents and drivers are still accessible to fans. I enjoy going when they roll through Charlotte.
    They get less traction on a cold surface also..
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    They get less traction on a cold surface also..
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    i bet those conditions made it fun to watch , every form of racing needs a little shake up ever now and then....
    When Paul Lee was one of the few to make a full pass in Nitro FC and ended up fast qualifier, we new it was gonna be a strange weekend. And it was.
    8/13/16