Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    You had me until you said 1 day show late models.
    He had me until ump.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    He had me until ump.....
    And hotlaps on Friday for some pointless reason
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Would Atomic have room for all the campers? I really like Atomic but every time I hear talk of running the DTWC there I just dont see anywhere close to the room that PRP has. I know the racing would be better there but thats not what this race is about to the promoters....... its about the $$$$$. Racing would also be better if they didnt run modifieds and the legend cars. But then again... its about the $$.

Quote Originally Posted by willardboy View Post
    Would Atomic have room for all the campers? I really like Atomic but every time I hear talk of running the DTWC there I just dont see anywhere close to the room that PRP has. I know the racing would be better there but thats not what this race is about to the promoters....... its about the $$$$$. Racing would also be better if they didnt run modifieds and the legend cars. But then again... its about the $$.
    I went to a couple different DTWC's at Atomic and camped one time. We didnt have any trouble getting a spot or anything and we showed up the Friday of the race.

The big thing about the DTWC with the 100k to win & the big purse is $$. It has to be at a venue that holds a large number of fans & campers. The support divisions are needed to increase the revenue as well. I agree the racing at Portsmouth is “usually” not the best- but this is an event as well as a race. I will be at Portsmouth again this weekend with winter clothing and fingers crossed for a good race. Atomic was good -but cannot support the needed crowd size. Bardstown was a total disaster to me & I did not attend the one held at Lawrenceburg. It appears that Carl Short & the folks at Portsmouth have a decent relationship going on-so Carl probably won’t be moving it anytime soon. And remember- Carl isn’t getting any younger and this event must be a money maker. The Lucas part of it: Lucas publicity & promotion- technical/support crews as well. I realize many people don’t like the fact the DTWC is a series sanctioned event- but again- with the current purse structure- there are many, many factors that have to be considered for it to be financially successful. If the $$ don’t add up- the event would disappear or change to something smaller.
    We all have a wish list of different ideas on where/how to hold this race event- but let’s be happy for now that it exist and we can go or choose not to.
    Again- in my opionion with the required number of seating and camping needed- I see Florence as the other alternative location. The King family already has the successful North/South so having the DTWC also could possibly hurt both events? Portsmouth may not be the best of the best- but it is keeping the biggest $$ race of this year going-so for that reason alone -I am thankful!

Well said Foxfire. When they increased the purse a few years back that defiantly changed the dynamic of what was needed to make it work. If WVMS gets back to being a venue that would be the place to change it to if you change it at all. This race has to stay in the OH valley, to much history and these days with the world we live in we need to keep as much history going as possible!

wouldnt surprise me to see landers there

You can add:
    1 Brent Dixon
    24ds Michael Brown
    88 Trent Ivey

Riddle28

Landers was added on Oct. 6th. Post #20

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Well said Foxfire. When they increased the purse a few years back that defiantly changed the dynamic of what was needed to make it work. If WVMS gets back to being a venue that would be the place to change it to if you change it at all. This race has to stay in the OH valley, to much history and these days with the world we live in we need to keep as much history going as possible!
    I think Atomic has to hold about the same amount of people as PRP.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Add Greg Satterlee #22
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Mason zeigler

He's on there at #48.

Surprised I haven't seen anything from McDowell's yet
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Added: Boom Briggs #99B

I would be shocked if you see Jared Hawkins there, his wife is having a baby any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I would be shocked if you see Jared Hawkins there, his wife is having a baby any day now.
    Yeah, I heard Jake could drive it if Jared can’t go?

Not sure on Jake driving it.

Pretty sure Jake is wheeling a steel block this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Pretty sure Jake is wheeling a steel block this weekend.
    I believe so. A Cameron Logan entry. So, he's already there. As long as Tim trusts him to drive?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I believe so. A Cameron Logan entry. So, he's already there. As long as Tim trusts him to drive?
    I would say he trust him, he will be more aggressive than Jared, just his nature. both of them are really good wheelmen though. Very underrated IMO.