Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ok here is my thoughts. If you were cheating with your tires would you run cheated tires the very next night and win the race knowing they would be checking the tires?????? I don’t think so. I can honestly say they need a better solution to teching these tires. You can’t have race results changed a month later! So I would be interested to know where these tires were purchased. So what happens when a supplier keep tires in the same closed area as fuel in the heat and it’s absorbing the fumes from the fuel. Guess you need to buy 4 tires at the track and run them that night. Rick as been around long enough to know the processes . Myself I’m going to say there is a problem with the way that these tires are tech and it’s going to penalize innocent racer sometimes which really stinks((

So you are saying that tire dealers keep new raw rubber in the same room with open containers of race fuel ?

maybe Another good guy forced to have to do things to remain competative......

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Two different teams with the with three tires with the same compound and same manufactured date codes have the same issues?
    Seems there is a whole lot more to this issue than what's being put out.
    Fastrak and these teams need to have these samples sent and confirmed by an outside independent lab and if confirmed the "chemicals"
    made public.
    Too many things not adding up....
    Same thing that happened with the Eldora tire gate that we never really got any real anwsers on.

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    maybe another good guy forced to have to do things to remain competative......
    ding !!!ding !!!!!! Ding!!!!!!! We have a winner ! Good racer ok good guy i don't know about !

Guarantee they only checked Eckerts tires both nights and they are gonna hand the win to whoever ran second. Terrible way to do tire testing. Need to do the top three at least or do not do it at all

Better than being busted for drugs I guess.

Eagle One,

He knew they would check them the first night. What makes the second night special?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I'm willing to bet that he probably ran through some of Gregg Satterlee's hair gel in the pits and it cost him.

I’m glad there is tire testing. I put everything into my racing program as far as researching, learning and sweat to be competitive while being budget limited. I’d rather race with a series or track that I know will check for additives in the tires. It’s in the rule books. Lucas does a good job with rules and marking tires and the touring teams know not to mess with their strict rules. I also agree with a previous statement of testing the top-three finishers.

Hats off to the Ultimate series officials for making a tough, but correct call. Some of you guys on here crack me up. These tires FAILED the lab test. Everyone else’s passed. What do you want them to do? Let them slide? I vote we ENFORCE THE RULES. Lots of people on the national tours been getting away with murder this year, glad to see some of the regional series taking it upon themselves to enforce the rules.

I don't think they tested anyone else's but Eckert's.......

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    I don't think they tested anyone else's but Eckert's.......
    Beat me to it......I guess I would be better with it if they tested everyone.....or they themselves issued the tires to everyone or something that was more even handed and transparent.

The tire rule as it sits sux.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Beat me to it......I guess I would be better with it if they tested everyone.....or they themselves issued the tires to everyone or something that was more even handed and transparent.

The tire rule as it sits sux.
    Top 3 and some randoms for sure, and release what was found in the tire. Tire rules and body rules, they both need some work.

Edit: and top qualifiers and heat winners

Default Burke

Not hard to pass when the only one tested was the winner lol.

I will say, supposedly it took forever because it was the same batch that Anglechio failed with. So they got that exact tire, and it did match, where as Rick’s did not.

Shame, I still like Rick. I think I’d enforce body rules, and come up with better engine and shock rules then worry about tires.

Or make them run a hard tire, durometer it, and enforce the existing body rules.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Same thing that happened with the Eldora tire gate that we never really got any real anwsers on.
    I can give you the exact answers but it will probably get me banned for life from Eldora. The results were totally bogus, but the backdoor deal that was negotiated was even more bogus.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    maybe Another good guy forced to have to do things to remain competative......
    Yes very nice guy BUT back in 98 his tires were "softened" that is FACT. Most of the top guys were doing it back then when running outlaw tires.

I didn't think people were still cheating tires since they could cheat up transponders.

is that why some guys on teams stand a little south of the finish line with a cell phone in hand mrm?

on tire soaking you either do it or run in the back!!!!!!