Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kelly said recently that it is still on. He knows.

Quote Originally Posted by kd1 View Post
    I think Belle-Clair is located in that county and i don't think they got to open up at all this year.

Belleville, Illinois, the city where Belle-Claire Speedway is located, is in St. Clair County, Illinois. Where the Gateway Nationals take place is in St. Louis, Missouri which is located in St. Louis County, Missouri. Different state, different county, different covid-19 guidelines and restrictions.

Cirf you are correct. But do you think Larson and Bell and all the big midget boys will show or does this event not mean much to them....asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Cirf you are correct. But do you think Larson and Bell and all the big midget boys will show or does this event not mean much to them....asking for a friend...
    Just my feelings on your question is that Bell and Larson and most, if not all, of the big names in midget racing will be competing at the Gateway Nationals if that event takes place. I have no information besides what I've read here and a few other places as to whether Gateway will happen but there might be a good chance it's a PPV event with no spectators.

Yes indeed the Gateway Nationals is a desirable event for the midget guys. There is little else going on during the Christmas season involving dirt racing. The guys that won't be in Australia and are invited would have no reason not to participate. It has a degree of desirability for the midget guys. Late model fans get a taste of how good midget racing can be and midget fans are likewise exposed to how good DLM racing can be. Besides, it's a bit of a tune up for The Chili Bowl a month later.

Just a side note: my friends who live in Tulsa are saying that the local authorities are not all that excited about The Chili Bowl Midget Nationals happening with spectators this year. There are rumors floating around Tulsa that it will be a PPV only event this year. In the event that a PPV only show is allowed some of Emmett's people are saying that pit passes will be limited to 5 per car.
    Last edited by CIRF; 10-09-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Still no announcement...still no response from any of the people associated with the event. Unreal.

From the Gateway Dirt Nationals Facebook page.

It was our hope to have new/updated event info available and released this week. However, we are still waiting on a few details from local regulators in order to do that. It is our hope to have everyone updated early next week. We hope everyone has a great weekend! #DirtInDecember
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Just my feelings on your question is that Bell and Larson and most, if not all, of the big names in midget racing will be competing at the Gateway Nationals if that event takes place. I have no information besides what I've read here and a few other places as to whether Gateway will happen but there might be a good chance it's a PPV event with no spectators.

Yes indeed the Gateway Nationals is a desirable event for the midget guys. There is little else going on during the Christmas season involving dirt racing. The guys that won't be in Australia and are invited would have no reason not to participate. It has a degree of desirability for the midget guys. Late model fans get a taste of how good midget racing can be and midget fans are likewise exposed to how good DLM racing can be. Besides, it's a bit of a tune up for The Chili Bowl a month later.

Just a side note: my friends who live in Tulsa are saying that the local authorities are not all that excited about The Chili Bowl Midget Nationals happening with spectators this year. There are rumors floating around Tulsa that it will be a PPV only event this year. In the event that a PPV only show is allowed some of Emmett's people are saying that pit passes will be limited to 5 per car.
    Latest update

https://www.chilibowl.com/news/?i=88622&clk=featureNews

ATTENTION TICKET HOLDERS: 2021 Chili Bowl Nationals Will Run With Attendance Restrictions
    11/5/2020

TULSA, Okla. (November 5, 2020) As we approach the 2021 Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals, presented by General Tire, we continue to navigate the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Although we enjoy seeing the fans packed around the Tulsa Expo Raceway, for one of the greatest motorsports events in the world, we want to ensure our fans are as safe as possible.

Currently, our Grandstands have been placed at a 25% capacity. With these restrictions, if you do not wish to attend the 2021 Chili Bowl Nationals, we request notification by November 20, 2020.

After notification is received, you will not be charged and the tickets will be reserved for renewal prior to the 2022 event. If you have paid by check or cash and do not choose to attend, we will process a refund.

Requests to defer your seats until the 2022 event must be made before 5pm, Friday, November 20, 2020. To contact our office, please call (918) 838-3777, Monday – Friday, 9am and 5pm (CST).

Yep, I'm really surprised that there will be spectators at all. My friends who live in Tulsa say they will go with the policy of hoping 75% of the normal crowd will voluntarily opt out of taking their 2021 tickets. If the voluntary system doesn't get the crowd down to 25% capacity they will default to a seniority system which obviously means the longer you've held tickets the better the chances that you'll be included in the 25%. The friends we get our tickets from have held tickets to every Chili Bowl so we're in either way!

Already looking forward to heading west to Tulsa in January!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-05-2020 at 07:28 PM.

I always look forward to you getting away from your home computer a few days a year
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I always look forward to you getting away from your home computer a few days a year
    No matter what I post it's a cinch that it will certainly irk the $hit out of you. Knowing that is quite delightful and it's free.

Thank you, thank you!

We'll be sure to touch base with you in January while we're in Tulsa, okay! LOLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    You know they have the world wide web on mobile devices now right?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    You know they have the world wide web on mobile devices now right?
    You know he doesn’t use a smart phone right, that’s the joke
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels