FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 8, 2020

Earl Pearson Jr. Records Podium Finish in Pittsburgher 100
Dirt Track World Championship Up Next

SHREVEPORT, La. (10/08/20) – Earl Pearson Jr. stood on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series podium for the second straight week Saturday.

Pearson drove the Lucas Oil No. 1 P&W Sales/ Drive4Etch.com/ Clements Racing Engine/ Black Diamond Chassis House Car to a third-place finish in the 32nd Annual Pittsburgher 100 at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway. It was his third straight Top-5 finish.

After an unfavorable forecast doomed Friday’s event at Raceway 7 in Conneaut, Ohio, the team followed the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series to Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway in Imperial, Pa. Saturday.

In a field of 35 cars, Earl laid down the eighth fastest time in his qualifying group. Grabbing the fourth and final transfer spot in his heat race, he earned the 16th-starting position for the $20,000-to-win Pittsburgher 100.

Pearson methodically worked his way through the field after pitting on lap 40 of the 100-lapper for a tire change. Taking advantage of Shane Clanton’s deflating right-rear tire during the green-white-checkered finish, Pearson took third place behind Ricky Thornton Jr. and Josh Richards.

“I knew that Clanton was in trouble, so I was like, ‘I’m gonna see what happens here,’” said Pearson. “He must have have a 13-and-a-quarter (1325 compound tire) and was just trying to save it. He was just getting slower and slower, and on that restart I just said, ‘Hell with it. We can go for it and see what takes place.’

“I just took chance and it worked out for us. Once we come in and changed tires and went back out there it was just pretty much single-file. I know a couple guys had flat tires here and there, but still, I never dreamed of getting all the way back to third.”

Stormy Scott and Michael Norris rounded out the Top-5 finishers.

With the cancellation of this weekend’s Georgia doubleheader, Earl Pearson Jr. shifts his focus to the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series season finale October 16-17 at Portsmouth (Ohio) Raceway Park. The 40th annual General Tire Dirt Track World Championship boast a $100,000-to-win top prize.

For complete events results, or to learn more about upcoming events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com.

Black Diamond Racecars and Earl Pearson Jr. would like to thank their marketing partners, which include Lucas Oil, P&W Sales, Tegeler Wrecker & Crane, DriveEtch.com, Etchberger Trucking, Midwest Sheet Metal, Performance Bodies & Parts, Papich Construction, J&C Properties, Peterson Fluid Systems, Bilstein Shocks, Moseley Transport, REMI Realty, Sierra Pacific Materials, Harmon’s, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Allstar Performance, Hoosier Race Tires, Lone Star Super Gas Sunoco, Five Star Shop Service, Go Lithium, X-Treme Graphics by J-Rod, Moring Motorsports, FSR Racing Products, ASi Racewear, FK Rod Ends, Fast Shafts, QuickCar Racing Products, Beyea Headers, Quarter Master, Sweet Manufacturing, Blocker Torch Works, TWM Racing Products, Swift Springs, Out-Pace Racing Products, Brown Miller Racing Solutions, Accu-Force Shock Dyno, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Hooker Harness, Butlerbuilt, Weld Wheels, COMP Cams, Bert Transmission, Clements Racing Engines, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information Black Diamond Racecars and Earl Pearson Jr., please visit www.RaceBlackDiamond.com .