Default Load stick for modified and stocks

Wehrs machine a device that's called 7"ratcheting load stick. You bolt in place of shocks and tighten till get desired load at set inches etc similar to spring smasher for coil over. Seeing this item lead me to question, would this kinda system work on multi leaf rear or any kinda suspension in rear using eliminators or just big coil springs? Would it tell someone their leaf losing rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Wehrs machine a device that's called 7"ratcheting load stick. You bolt in place of shocks and tighten till get desired load at set inches etc similar to spring smasher for coil over. Seeing this item lead me to question, would this kinda system work on multi leaf rear or any kinda suspension in rear using eliminators or just big coil springs? Would it tell someone their leaf losing rate?
    You can use it to rate any spring system. So, yes, it would identify leaf spring spring rate loss.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

Just like MB said, yes it will but I do caution that it will not give you the direct spring rate. It will give you the load measured at the location you put it on. Ie motion ratio, angle all of that. So you would put it on with a new spring and say it read 158 lbs per inch or 657 lbs at 16”. Now keeping track of that with spring changes or week to week you can see if it changes. Similar to the front end, it reads the spring force at that installed motion ratio.

It can be a handy tool for multiple corners and or static/dynamic measurements. Big idea is increasing your consistency. We often sell a load stick and manual ultra force to guys that run sliders or one end on coil overs, any of the tools can help you gain more of an understanding of what’s happening.

Yeah, cool device, i got one and its interesting on the front of a Mod, the spring rate out what the shock is installed is pretty different than the spring rate, but it helps changing springs.

Just say no...