Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thank goodness we have a fair and impartial media to set things straight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    All of these people are wrong lurker......it's all trumps fault.

Every single bit of it,Mcnugget says so.
    Hmmmmmmmmm?

Hmmmmmmmmm? What do we have here?

False narratives, and from mcarter815’s favorite news source NPR too. Then believing the mainstream media pushing the false narrative , then jumping to conclusions early on without all of the information.

From the Slate article that lurker posted.

"Their particular agitation toward Michigan’s Democratic governor, Gretchen Whitmer, seems to have been sparked by her lockdown orders in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic. At least two of the Wolverine Watchmen were among the armed protesters who stormed and briefly occupied the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing this past May."

Which is exactly what Trump was talking about in his "liberate Michigan" tweet.

A group can be right wing and also not be pro-Trump. Anarcho-capitalists would get a right wing anti-government group. Anarchists can be right or left depending on the flavor of anarchy.

Thats like saying, you can get the polynesian sauce from Mickey D's, for your fake McNuggets!

Wait a minute mcarter815; you’ve outright said you didn’t read and refused to read links posted by me and others ---- now you read (interpret) a small portion of the link to support more Trump bashing then try to isolate its “cuase” by referencing only two of the militia, out of the 13 that were charged. You’re a piece of work.

On this topic mcarter815, you’re above your pay grade and you don’t have a clue what you are parroting.
    Last edited by lurker; 10-11-2020 at 06:20 PM.

I won't watch YouTube videos, but I am fine with scanning through an article. Articles are more time efficient. Slate is also a source that I trust.

It was you who was taking the anti-Trump position of one or two of the members and extrapolating that across the entire group.

It was six arrested for plotting to kidnap the governor and seven others were arrested on state terror charges.

To all:

I did not insinuate the below. Its just more diversion and misinterpretation of what I posted, from a Trump hater.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    It was you who was taking the anti-Trump position of one or two of the members and extrapolating that across the entire group.
    Last edited by lurker; 10-11-2020 at 07:34 PM.

I won't watch YouTube videos, but I am fine with scanning through an article. Articles are more time efficient. Slate is also a source that I trust.

It was six arrested for plotting to kidnap the governor and seven others were arrested on state terror charges.
    You trust Slate???? That is beyond reason...
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    To all:

I did not insinuate the below. Its just more diversion and misinterpretation of what I posted, from a Trump hater.
    Do you think the group was pro Trump or not?

Do you think the group was pro Trump or not?
    As I’ve noted in my diatribe in post #31, well before I posted any links --- its my opinion they are neither, and exactly as it has been released (reported by) to the Detroit Press and the way I read it from the links I did post. Slate being one too. They are simply a fringe anti Government militia, rouge and independent from other Right or Left wing anti Government militia groups. As it reads to me, the main anti Government militia member in this case got “kicked out” of one militia, and started his own. Furthering --- One member appears to be very anti-Trump, and two others appear to have no Political afflation at all. As for the rest arrested, we will all find out in the coming weeks as to the Political afflation, if any. Personally, I’d say it wavers on no Political afflation at all, as this is very typical with underground or silent anti Government militia groups. With Stewart Rhodes from Oath Keepers being the opposite, open and above ground, and pro Trump. (the underground or silent anti Government militia groups are the ones to be concerned about)

All that I’ve read thus far points to my opinion being true, as well as my past personal exposure to anti Government militia groups since the mid 70’s. Right or Left wing anti Government militia typically, typically, have a some type of written manifesto and take responsibility for their actions. As of now, we do not have any public information regarding and the FBI has given no indication they are Rightwing.

Other than reading, might I ask what your direct personal exposure to anti Government militia groups is? Also, have you ever read an anti Government militia written manifesto?
    Last edited by lurker; 10-11-2020 at 09:54 PM.

This would be a false narrative or untruth from one of your sources where you glean your news from.

Ruby Ridge, 1992: the day the American militia movement was born - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...harlottesville

The underground American (anti Government) militia movement started well before 1992 with Randy Weaver at Ruby Ridge. I remember Anti Government militia members would hang-out and set up tables at gun trade shows since I was a kid. Recruiting, handing out brochures and mingling. Ruby Ridge just made them popular, as did Waco in 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    This would be a false narrative or untruth from one of your sources where you glean your news from.

Ruby Ridge, 1992: the day the American militia movement was born - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...harlottesville

The underground American (anti Government) militia movement started well before 1992 with Randy Weaver at Ruby Ridge. I remember Anti Government militia members would hang-out and set up tables at gun trade shows since I was a kid. Recruiting, handing out brochures and mingling. Ruby Ridge just made them popular, as did Waco in 1993.
    The article is more than the headline. The article doesn't say that anti-government militia groups didn't exist before Ruby Ridge. Instead, it says that Ruby Ridge acted as a fertilizer and spurred the growth of the militia groups. It gave the groups recruiting material.

The base foundation of the article speaks about (is) Ruby Ridge, not pre-Ruby Ridge or pre-90s anti Government militia. That was my point. Anyone that reads the article can see that for themselves and the point I was making referencing it.

And yes I agree with your, and the below comment.

He says simply: “Ruby Ridge became a demarcation point for the rise of the modern militia movement.

“It put the fertilizer in their minds which sprouted radical anti-government beliefs.”

As you skipped right over my questions to you, I’ll ask again -

Other than reading, might I ask what your direct personal exposure to anti Government militia groups is?

Also, have you ever read an anti Government militia written manifesto?

It gave the groups recruiting material.
    As did Charlottesville to Antifa and BLM.

I think you're what all the southern girls call a " hot mess".

You should go back and read a sampling of your posts over the last couple months, like watching a drunken clown on a unicycle.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Well that’s one way to put it.

Anecdotal experience with anti-government militias is irrelevant unless you have experience with this particular group.

See what I mean????
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????