Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Doesn't he have a big farm also?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Perhaps he teams up with Rocket1 to form 2 teams!

Chase Briscoe to the 14, take it to the bank

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Ok he used to live by me when he drove for rcr & mwr.

So his dealership is where hes originally from. Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Chase Briscoe to the 14, take it to the bank
    As he should be. I like Bowyer as a person, but i was surprised this announcement of Bowyer even took this long. Briscoe is SHR type of driver with good dirt racing background too. Wish him the best.
    looking forward to Clint in the booth, he is great IMO

Retiring!? I remember Clint when he was first starting out in touring late models. Clint had run mods at Lakeside Speedway and asphalt late models at I-70. When he joined the NASCAR Midwest Tour I was a tech inspector. I could never hate on Clint Bowyer cause he was always a really nice guy to deal with. His whole crew and family that came along that time were all good people and some of the most enjoyable folks a race official would encounter.

If he really does have a big farm, it is probably to lose big money and lessen tax liabilities on other ventures.

Bowyer is tired of the crap racing just like a lot of others. What the h*ll has Chase Brisco done ? Frigid joke

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Bowyer is tired of the crap racing just like a lot of others. What the h*ll has Chase Brisco done ? Frigid joke
    Nascar likes to pretend an xfinity championship means something now. There areAbout 7-8 quality rides and 5-6 of them are bought. Ask Daniel suraez how much a championship means.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    What has Bowyer done. He has 10 wins in 16 seasons
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Played the game well, people just generally like Clint. After listening to Tmac podcast it’s just a flip of the coin who makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post

10 wins in the cup series puts him in the top 30% of the 195 different series winners. He is tied with Sterling Marlin and Donnie Allison with 10 wins. Sterling had 748 starts over 33 years. Clint's 10 wins came in 536 starts over 16 years. There are quite a few notable names with fewer wins than Clint. Although not a stellar cup series career, I wouldn't be ashamed by any means. This racing stuff is not as easy as some make it look.

Clint hasn't been hall of fame material. But he is a very likeable guy, and is much better than half the field there. It was time to retire and give it to the kids with money behind them.

Not surprising for sure. SHR probably feels the team has underperformed, especially when you have a stud like Harvick leading the way. Most of us don’t see Clint as very old but the youth movement in NASCAR is ongoing, unless you’re a Jimmy Johnson, Harvick, Hamlin, etc.
    I hate time trials.

This is about the only reason most anyone remembers old Clint. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxAEnmOLXdQ

Just what nascrap doesn't need. Another driver that can settle his issues on and off track. If you look at today's driver line up I don't think there's a driver out there that would stand his ground. Many of the greatest did, these guys today won't want to mess up there hair. Goodbye nascrap, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Ford will make sure Chase Briscoe gets the ride. He's their puppy, and Stewart has mentioned that Chase is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Ford will make sure Chase Briscoe gets the ride. He's their puppy, and Stewart has mentioned that Chase is ready.
    Yes and as you know the talent is so bad in Xfinity now that we truly don’t know how good Briscoe actually is. I do think Ross Chastain in = equipment is just as good.

Josh said tonight everything is business as usual

I agree with Rajaflyboy... when Redd!ck, Bell, and Custer left Xfinity, their talent level his a snag. None of the top drivers in Xfinity this year could even really compete with the Big 3 last year
    Last edited by TeNfOMaFiA69; 10-11-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Josh said tonight everything is business as usual
    Last time I heard that, it came from a private equity-installed CEO who ruined everything.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1