Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: floracing

Default floracing

how dose it work and any cost ?

$150 for year Dirtondirt.com & floracing.comWorks pretty good for me

Almost zero issues, like it. Use the replay function more than watching it real time, avoid 5 hour shows that way.
    I hate time trials.

The best move I have ever made

Can also watch on Roku which is very nice

I bought it back in March with the start of Covid as I was working about 80 hours a week and have been working a lot of weekends since. It is worth every penny that I spent and I regret not getting it earlier not only for the races but they also have interviews and a variety of podcasts. Worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Can also watch on Roku which is very nice
    Yep, that’s how we do it. Have the built-in Roku on our TV and the Flo app. Takes about 10 seconds to be watching racing. Pretty sweet deal.

I love that they have an app! Makes it so much easier to watch and rarely any glitches or buffering!

Is there an extra cost with Roku or is it included?

Its included, just sign in on the Roku app like you would on the Flo website.

Quote Originally Posted by 18mmod View Post
    Is there an extra cost with Roku or is it included?
    Free. Hundreds and hundreds of free apps and channels you can add from Roku. Check them out: https://channelstore.roku.com/browse

I'd add you can get a Roku stick for 25 bucks and if you do a couple minutes of research I think the newest cheap version has a dual processor. My bud bought one just for his garage to get the Flo channel/app. Works just fine.

Roku is by far the highest selling device for some time now, the leaders in the industry. Been streaming with their set top box for 5 yrs, zero problems. ............ If anyone is interested take the time to look at the models. Top of the line is 100 bucks that I believe has 4k now, 5.1 channel and you can hard wire into down to the 25 dollar stick.
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 10-12-2020 at 08:14 AM.

I'm grandfathered into being allowed to pay 15 bucks a month for Flo/DoD. I am purely a LM guy, do not watch any other kind of racing so I was upset when DoD was bought by Flo and they jacked my price up 50 bucks a yr. Even emailed them to cancel and they responded I could go monthly.

Just recently I read Flo will be streaming ECHL (pro) hockey games and as I understand it for no extra charge. I also looked around and there are a lot of sports that come with your subscription. For me personally if I get the ECHL hockey at no added fee I won't be able to switch from monthly to a yearly subscription fast enough.

The extra 50 I'm being charged is more than made up from getting the hockey added. ............ Point is, look around there are a lot of sports besides racing that you may appreciate and watch other than racing giving the 150 price more value to you personally.

As a member of Flo, you have access to everything Flo Sports has to offer. This is as a subscriber on any level (which it appears monthly will eventually be phased out completely). When they switched the yearly subscriber model, you could still signup via another Flo sport (other than Flo Racing) and still pay monthly yet get access to Flo Racing and everything else. There are still a few channels you can subscribe through at the monthly rate which should gain you access to Flo Racing and everything else, but I don't know for sure.

One could always try it and you could reverse the charge if it doesn't work. It's still $29.99 a month though. Here's an example- https://www.flogymnastics.com/plans

Anyone needing a streaming device, Walmart currently has the Roku Premiere on sale for $27- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Roku-Prem...able/886364048 The remote doesn't have volume control for your TV, but besides that, it is one of the best streaming devices out there. If you need a TV to go with it, here's a pretty decent deal on a 50" https://www.walmart.com/ip/JVC-50-Cl...W595/823268655

Roku 4K WITH TV controls- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Roku-Stre...rols/300825724
    Last edited by TDRacin®; 10-12-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Anybody know if Flo is available for AppleTV?

Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    Anybody know if Flo is available for AppleTV?
    It is but I heard someone say a while back that it hasn't worked in several weeks. Not sure if it is currently.

They have a FAQ page that covers a lot of basic questions here- https://support.flosports.tv/s/topic...CN6GAO/general

Flo works fine on Apple TV. It’s Lucas Oil that’s hasn’t worked on Apple in months.

Right. My bad. Thanks JC! I knew I saw that somewhere.

Leave it to me,but I have somehow gotten charged for Flo and DOD also. I used the same email,but I did use a different card. Only me...
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Leave it to me,but I have somehow gotten charged for Flo and DOD also. I used the same email,but I did use a different card. Only me...
    SAME HERE!!!! I emailed them yesterday and haven't received a reply yet. and for some reason when I try to go to my flo account it redirects me to DOD... Let me know what you find out. If I don't hear back from them this weekend I need to find a good number to call and get it straighten out,

Quote Originally Posted by obamaracing#1 View Post
    SAME HERE!!!! I emailed them yesterday and haven't received a reply yet. and for some reason when I try to go to my flo account it redirects me to DOD... Let me know what you find out. If I don't hear back from them this weekend I need to find a good number to call and get it straighten out,
    If you haven't, try using this to contact them about it- support@flosports.tv I received quick replies for questions regarding the merging of Flo and DoD accounts.