Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: WoO 2021

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Truth or Consequences New Mexico
    Posts
    1,908

    Default WoO 2021

    Standard purse

    $10k to win

    $2k for 10th

    $1k to start
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    what was it this year?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,439

    Default

    10,000/1100/700

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Good for the drivers but there is going to be a lot of tracks that normally have a race that now will think twice or maybe not hold a race with the WoO because they won't be able to afford the higher purse.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    So was this posted on there site or just wishful thinking ? That's a pretty big purse increase.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    So was this posted on there site or just wishful thinking ? That's a pretty big purse increase.
    It was released with the early season schedule about a month ago

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I assume the sanctioning fee to hold a WoO event is pretty high, so would the increased purse be enough to turn a promoter off if they are already putting up that big an expense anyway?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    638

    Default

    WoO late models to be Duck River Raceway Park Wheel Tn. March 5th 2021 - mark your calendars !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    WoO late models to be Duck River Raceway Park Wheel Tn. March 5th 2021 - mark your calendars !

    It's already been cancelled for rain.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Awesome news. Every dollar counts.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Will they manage to have more than ten cars follow the tour?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Will they manage to have more than ten cars follow the tour?
    Nine...nobody is showing up at a WoO event to see the B-main Bomber.

    That said, Lucas may have 13 drivers follow full-time, but 9-13 are rarely, if ever, a threat to win. English is 9th in points and failed to make 7 features.

    It's all about 8 drivers:
    Lucas, Owen's, T-Mac, Davenport, & Richards
    WoO, B-Shep, Weiss, Dillard & Lanigan

    Even with injured, 8th in points Bloomer, WoO has the star that still draws more attention than most of the players in the game.

    I'm sure if you ask WRG, they'll take their 10 with Bloomer over the 13 Lucas has.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Truth or Consequences New Mexico
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    It's all about 8 drivers:
    Lucas, Owen's, T-Mac, Davenport, & Richards
    WoO, B-Shep, Weiss, Dillard & Lanigan
    Terbo has the same amount of Lucas wins as Davenport
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Truth or Consequences New Mexico
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    My bad Davenport has 1 more win than Terbo
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    It's already been cancelled for rain.
    he is very unpredictable

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Tons of Bloomquist hats, shorts and sweatshirts at Carolina Speedway this past weekend (for a sprint car race) Yes. Bloomer sells. Marketing genius.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Near Joliet, IL
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Nine...nobody is showing up at a WoO event to see the B-main Bomber.

    That said, Lucas may have 13 drivers follow full-time, but 9-13 are rarely, if ever, a threat to win. English is 9th in points and failed to make 7 features.

    It's all about 8 drivers:
    Lucas, Owen's, T-Mac, Davenport, & Richards
    WoO, B-Shep, Weiss, Dillard & Lanigan


    Even with injured, 8th in points Bloomer, WoO has the star that still draws more attention than most of the players in the game.

    I'm sure if you ask WRG, they'll take their 10 with Bloomer over the 13 Lucas has.

    All things being equal I'd tune into a Lucas race over a WoO race and even more so next yr when Thorton Jr joins the Lucas Tour, little O'Neal back in a Sellers race car to go along with a young Moran and English.

    Nice stable of young drivers on the Lucas Tour. O'Neal, Moran, English, Terbo.

    Has Overton committed to the WoO Tour next yr? Would be awesome to see him and B-Shep battle for points over a whole season.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Pennsboro, WV
    Posts
    907

    Default

    I'd bet you will see Kyle Strickler on the Lucas tour in 2021.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Near Joliet, IL
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'd bet you will see Kyle Strickler on the Lucas tour in 2021.
    If they get all the drivers back from this yr with the additions of Thorton Jr AND Strickler, wow, the Lucas Circuit will be fantastic for the fan. ......... Time for Strickler to come out and race nationally no matter if it's Lucas, WoO or even as a true outlaw. He belongs with the big boys.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    9,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'd bet you will see Kyle Strickler on the Lucas tour in 2021.
    I have a friend that used to crew for Kyle in the mid / late 2000's. Talk to him at Brownstown for a while during the Jackson 100. He had said the is the plan down to road to be able to run on tour with either Lucas or WOO if he can get the funding to do so. Kyle is a he!! of a good person and I would love to see him get the opportunity to do so. I believe he could do well. He has shown he can run with them and compete for wins.
    Nathan Stephens: Hobart (Northwest), Indiana.

    2020 season (30 races at 13 tracks. 4 new tracks) - 34 Raceway (IA) 1, Boone (IA) Speedway 1, Brownstown (IN) Speedway 1, Fairbury (IL) American Legion Speedway 5, Gas City (IN) I-69 Speedway 1, Grundy County (IL) Speedway 1, Kankakee County (IL) Speedway 4, Kokomo (IN) Speedway 6, LaSalle (IL) Speedway 1, Peoria (IL) Speedway 1, Plymouth (IN) Speedway 3, & Shadyhill Speedway (IN) 4, Wilmot (WI) Raceway 1.
    Next Race(s) - 2021 season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.