FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 13, 2020

Billy Moyer Jr. Collects $5,000 MLRA Fall Nationals
40th Annual Dirt Track World Championship on Deck

BATESVILLE, Ark. (10/13/20) – Billy Moyer Jr. ended a nearly two-year winless slump on Saturday with a Lucas Oil Midwest Latemodel Racing Association (MLRA) triumph at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo.

The driver of the Nutrien Ag Solutions No. 21 Hass Horizontal/ Mesilla Valley Transportation/ Capital Race Car/ Clements Racing Engines Super Late Model pocketed $5,000 for his 7th Annual Fall Nationals victory.

“It’s nice to finally win, man. We haven’t won in a long, long time,” Moyer Jr. said. “It gets real tiring to go up-and-down the road. To finally get into victory lane, it’s nice for my guys. This is a phenomenal facility. Hopefully we put on a good show for the fans."

With the remnants of Hurricane Delta wiping out the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series doubleheader in Georgia, Billy Moyer Jr. traveled to Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo. For the 7th Annual Fall Nationals.

A field of 33 registered Friday for the opening round two-day Lucas Oil MLRA program. Moyer Jr. came one spot short of a transfer position in his heat race with a fifth-place finish.

Picking up a 12-lap consolation victory, Billy locked into the 17th-starting position for the A-Main. With $3,000 on the line, Moyer Jr. was an early retiree from the 40-lap affair on lap 24.

The following night, Billy timed in eighth quickest in his qualifying group before picking up a 10-lap heat race win. After taking command of the lead on the opening lap of the feature, Moyer Jr. slipped back to second on lap 16 when Mason Oberkramer snuck by.

With a caution two laps later setting up a heated battle for the top spot, the pair swapped back-and-forth for the lead until Billy took control on lap 27. Dominating the final 23 circuits, Billy Moyer Jr. cruised to the victory by more than a five-second margin over Jason Papich, Jeremiah Hurst, Billy Moyer Sr., and Garrett Alberson.

“We had a real good Capital Race Car,” Moyer said. “(Oberkramer) ran me real clean. It was a heck of a race between us. Hopefully all the fans appreciated it.”

“I couldn’t figure out how to get off turn four,” Moyer added. “If the sticks didn’t close up any, I kind of felt like going into the middle high and turning down and being very patient on the throttle was the trick, I guess.”

For more results from these events, please visit www.MLRARacing.com.

This Friday-Saturday, October 16-17 Billy Moyer Jr. will put a wrap on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series 2020 campaign. The tour finale at Portsmouth (Ohio) Raceway Park boasts a $100,000 top prize in the 40th Annual Dirt Track World Championship.

To learn more about this event, please visit www.LucasDirt.com.

Billy Moyer Jr. would like to thank all of his sponsors including Nutrien Ag Solutions, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Dyna-Gro Seed, Hass Horizontal, FK Rod Ends, Capital Race Cars, Clements Racing Engines, Penske Shocks, ROCKHARD Powder Coating, Jack’s Auto Parts, Eibach Springs, Willy’s Carburetor & Dyno Shop, Imperial Motors, Lucas Oil, Wehrs Machine, Outerwears, Quickcar, XS Power Batteries, Fuel Safe, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bert Transmission, New Vision Graphics, Midwest Sheet Metal, Peterson Fluid Systems, Sweet Mfg., Wiles Driveshafts, Performance Bodies, Hoosier Tire South by Pup, Oakley Deatherage Opticians, Frankland Racing Products, Hooker Harness, Kluhsman Racing Components, Beyea Custom Headers, Strange Engineering, Bell Helmets, Accu-Force Shock Service, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Stealth Carburetors and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on the team please visit www.BillyMoyerJr.com .