Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Davenport?

Maybe it's me, but JD hasn't seemed happy or been having fun for a while. Seems to be tension within the team maybe? Guess when you're off and not winning as much there would be. He's not nearly as fun to watch drive as he used to be. Hopefully they get it figured out soon, or make a change.

JD is almost relieved (instead of happy) when he gets a podium finish.
    There has definitely been tension in the pit area (and shop) this year with the team.

It was nice to have a setup that was better than anyone else for that ONE season, but that's all over now and it's back down to Earth time. hehe

Being third in the Lucas points is not that bad.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 10-18-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    It was nice to have a setup that was better than anyone else for that ONE season, but that's all over now and it's back down to Earth time. hehe

That one year count three times?

2015, 2018, 2019 Lucas Oil Champion

He finished second the next year. Had an off year with BWRC, then 2 more consecutive championships and 3rd this year, somehow. I think he was "better than everyone else" more than just 2015,

Let's see what happens next year. Bet you won't see another "2015" from him anyway. hehe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich down South View Post
    He finished second the next year. Had an off year with BWRC, then 2 more consecutive championships and 3rd this year, somehow. I think he was "better than everyone else" more than just 2015,
    And won a world 100 & hillbilly 100 in that off year.

Everybody scoffed at me early in the year when i said this Team was off, i thought it looked like power. May not be but i do notice he cant seem to get the car turned on entry without a lot of brakes or breaking it loose with throttle. Up at Eldora he was actually dropping the car down off the bars on entry, thats strange nowadays. A lot of Teams have found some speed on entry, Bshep is great at it car turns in and there is no slow down.

Side note, i heard Owens is running some sort of giant cubic inch Ford and loves it, i heard its like 478" cubic inch.

Just say no...

Let's see what happens next year. Bet you won't see another "2015" from him anyway. hehe
    So the best season in DLM history is your measuring stick? You know who else won’t have another season like that, literally everybody.

was landers running a chevy or still running a ford?

It’s probably time for him to try another chassis. Longhorns don’t seem to fit him so well anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

They started the year off looking for extra power. I looked through the notebook where he made 47 different chassis dyno runs with different air cleaners, carbs, spacers, headers, you name it they tried it. Standard bore space 430 chevy engine that ended up right at 850 HP

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    They started the year off looking for extra power. I looked through the notebook where he made 47 different chassis dyno runs with different air cleaners, carbs, spacers, headers, you name it they tried it. Standard bore space 430 chevy engine that ended up right at 850 HP
    That seems pretty good for a standard bore? Almost 2 hp c.i.
    Formerly 66#1

850 HP is low, they must be looking for the proper curve. I dyno numbers are fudgy, but i would think 920 to 950. I know a couple of 11* stuff around here in that neighborhood. Then you have the RY45s, them things are crazy, but seems like a lot of guys are going away from them, not sure why, must be drivability.

Just say no...

When lap times at PRP are 17 seconds, engine isn't why you can't get the job done.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    850 HP is low, they must be looking for the proper curve. I dyno numbers are fudgy, but i would think 920 to 950. I know a couple of 11* stuff around here in that neighborhood. Then you have the RY45s, them things are crazy, but seems like a lot of guys are going away from them, not sure why, must be drivability.
    They can just send that junky old thing to me then.
    Formerly 66#1

They could have just been using that engine as a test mule. The dyno operator didn't say anything about that. I do know that the chassis dyno's are hard on parts

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    They could have just been using that engine as a test mule. The dyno operator didn't say anything about that. I do know that the chassis dyno's are hard on parts
    Was this @ Cornett or Clements? I read where the team had tried Clements engines this year also?
    Formerly 66#1

Don't think engine problems were the issue. Lots of guys winning with Cornett power.

To me it looks like his car is always too rigid in the slick. I think he needs to get the chassis tighter so he can drive as aggressive as an RTJ or Strickler-type.