Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Davenport?

JD hasn't made it more than 3 years in any ride as of late, and this was year 3 with Landers. Don't know if they split, but I would expect a big change if they come back for year 4 with either the chassis or crew change.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Don't think engine problems were the issue. Lots of guys winning with Cornett power.
    No,they're awesome. I do remember reading something about cooling issues,though?
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    No,they're awesome. I do remember reading something about cooling issues,though?
    I think they said on the broadcast at portsmouth that he had a new clements in. It didn't seem to fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I think they said on the broadcast at portsmouth that he had a new clements in. It didn't seem to fix the problem
    Nope. Plenty of folks won with Clements this weekend also.
    Formerly 66#1

Newsflash. JD is in reality not Superman. Maybe it's Kevin Rumley ? More at six johnnie, up to you.

3rd in lucas points isn't what I would call a bad year. The team seemed to be behind in speed this year but it was definitely not lacking HP. It was the guy making the adjustments and shocks. FYI, I heard it's olive oil, she left popeye

Just my personal opinion, but I thought there was some great chemistry between Rumley and JD - and the results spoke for themselves. With Larson now presumptively going back to NASCAR fulltime, who is going to wheel the 6??

Silly szn is upon us. Looking forward to hearing about all of the changes.

The #6 Rumley car only made 2 appearances this year-Port Royal & Portsmouth. I don’t know if it should be considered as a regular ride for anyone? Who knows what Kevin might do?

Quote Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
    Just my personal opinion, but I thought there was some great chemistry between Rumley and JD - and the results spoke for themselves. With Larson now presumptively going back to NASCAR fulltime, who is going to wheel the 6??

Silly szn is upon us. Looking forward to hearing about all of the changes.
    Larson will remain in the #6 for selected shows

Dport can drive no doubt, but it just goes to show how competitive it is on these Tours, you can get a little bit off, and your struggling for a year. I think the droop rules have affected them pretty bad, like Bloomquist.

Struggling, might be a stretch, but for guys like Dport if their not winning every race their struggling to them. That is why i cringe when the talking heads boast about a podium finish LOL, if they only knew the truth...

Always reminds me of that guy on the movie Over the Top, with Stallone, he says "second sucks" !!

Just say no...

FWIW
    Lucas Oil does not have the droop rule.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    FWIW
    Lucas Oil does not have the droop rule.
    Correct. But, you do have to practice for the biggies at Eldora. Some may or may not switch back and forth. There are problems doing that too, when running up and down the road all the time.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I thought it was funny when Bloomquist went WoO, and then had the droop rule implemented and that messed him up. If he would of stayed Lucas he might of been ok, except like MBR said for the big shows at the Big E.

Anyway, Dport talked about it at one of them events at the Big E this year, if i remember right. I don't really know what there Issues are, but the results this year show, not good...

Also, i cut the droop on our race car 1/4" (shortened the chain) on accident and the result was dramatic. I couldn't believe it, but it could be useful sometimes.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I thought it was funny when Bloomquist went WoO, and then had the droop rule implemented and that messed him up. If he would of stayed Lucas he might of been ok, except like MBR said for the big shows at the Big E.Anyway, Dport talked about it at one of them events at the Big E this year, if i remember right. I don't really know what there Issues are, but the results this year show, not good...Also, i cut the droop on our race car 1/4" (shortened the chain) on accident and the result was dramatic. I couldn't believe it, but it could be useful sometimes.
    Before we started chasing aero/ spoiler height so much hike/droop was one of our go to adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Correct. But, you do have to practice for the biggies at Eldora. Some may or may not switch back and forth. There are problems doing that too, when running up and down the road all the time.
    Overton says he has to make a ton of changes to go from one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Overton says he has to make a ton of changes to go from one to the other.
    Yet he still seems to get around just fine on the rule or off the rule. The droop rule has just become the goto response when your struggling you don't think for a minute that the 49car didnt go right back to their "standard" setup when they didn't have to run under this rules week in and week out ? I can guarantee to they did. Either everbody else caught up a little and they lost the edge they had or the cars are different and they can't get a handle on the new ones. Itend to think it's the first part. Its not like their junk their just average right now

I actually think Davenport said something about it before speedweeks when it was announced it would be in the WoO rules after Arizona. Not at Eldora.

Let's go back to January 20th.

https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-...unified-rules/
    Last edited by NeedforLMspeed; 10-22-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I read in another article and I hadn't seen that before but it said that rumors around pit areas were that Bloomquist came up with the idea years ago.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Default Davenport 15’

Was an amazing year that I thought no one would come close too. BShepp these last two years is getting there. Hopefully next year is “normal”. Chemistry BShepp has with the 1 gang, man.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I read in another article and I hadn't seen that before but it said that rumors around pit areas were that Bloomquist came up with the idea years ago.
    It was in that article that made no sense. I'm not even sure what Bloomquist's supposed idea was. Every thing about the rule implementation in that article was wrong.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

McDowell’s shop is also in Mooresburg and they’ve been running Ray Cook’s even more restrictive droop rule from day one with a fair amount of success. I don’t understand how it threw Scott for such a huge loop when a guy who is effectively his teammate already has it figured out.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!