Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DTWC Support Classes

Why?????? I don't consider this a crown jewel. Support classes belong on the weekly program and maybe one when LODLMS or WOO are in town for a regular 10/12K race. Do they run support classes normally for DTWC? If so, glad I know to never attend in the future.

I don't know about the support classes but why does a promoter hold a event with only heat races, then makes the fans come back and pony up again the next day for the A Main? If you have a huge car count with 8-10 heat races maybe but those days are behind us now. Even Eldora has scrapped that old format. I'm sure the place is packed so more power to Carl but eventually fans are going to wise up and realize they can get a whole lot more bang for their buck.
    8/13/16

Oh yeah, and the format absolutely sucks. Yeah it pays 100K, but as is I will never attend.

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    Why?????? I don't consider this a crown jewel. Support classes belong on the weekly program and maybe one when LODLMS or WOO are in town for a regular 10/12K race. Do they run support classes normally for DTWC? If so, glad I know to never attend in the future.
    Yes Carl Short has always ran support classes for the Hillbilly Hundred and DTWC going back to the Pennsboro days.

These reasons, and others, are why I haven’t been to a DTWC in almost 20 years — after attending just about all of them before that.

I kind of like a support class or two, within reason. Not a Class that draws a huge number of cars. There has to be a balance to get fans out at a decent time. It eliminates some dead time between the heats, B's and the A. There should have been an A last night.

Oh, the tears! Y'all act like this is a new development. There would be a lot of dead time on a 2 day show without something.

Eldora used to have the stocks run on Friday night for the World 100. I liked it. Now, they have more late model racing each night. The DTWC had the dual heats for a few years. But, some drivers cried and had it killed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I will say, I think the steel blocks being added is a bit much. But the mods usually put on a better show than the lates, and they get a great field of good cars. I’m glad they’ve had them there. I haven’t went since about 2013, but it’s not for any particular reason. Not big on the added steel blocks, but the mods I enjoy. Just sucks they run most of their stuff on Thursday, though I understand why.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Remember when the Knoxville LM Nationals were blasted on here for not having any support classes and the A feature being over before 10 pm. Can’t have it both ways.
    I hate time trials.

Steel block lives matter!

The mod heats are Gawd awful. They do have a good feature.

I consider the hillbilly and the dtwc to be ohio valley events. And SB lates are a big part of the Ohio valley race scene.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-17-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Want some fries with that wah burger?

And what are you talking about making the fans pony up again to get in? There were no single day tickets sold for the weekend except saturday

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    Money money money!!

Quote Originally Posted by zer018 View Post
    Money money money!!
    Carl does give the DTWC winner an extra $50k for basically no gain.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

What class was that that ran about 200 laps for about an hour and a half in the middle of the show last night? Looked like some sort of truck series?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Steel block lives matter!The mod heats are Gawd awful. They do have a good feature.
    Couldn't agree more (steel block lives matter). I think people on here just like to wine. I was their last year thought it was fine. I prefer the dual heat format. The only saving grace for the standard lucas format is the race is 100 laps wich makes starting position far less important. Most of their sub 50 lap races suck lately and i blame the heads up format.

Carl does give the DTWC winner an extra $50k for basically no gain.
    He’s a business man and Carl isn’t “giving” anything to anyone. He’s not doing this out of the goodness of his heart, just like any other promoter out there. It comes down to being in the black. I don’t fault him or the others trying to maximize their profit, but that is the answer to the original post.

Steel block lives matter!

The mod heats are Gawd awful. They do have a good feature.

I consider the hillbilly and the dtwc to be ohio valley events. And SB lates are a big part of the Ohio valley race scene.
    I do agree on the steel blocks being popular in our region. And Carl has ran specials for them for a long time. My Dad went to Pennsboro in the early 80’s and was second in one of the Hillbilly specials for semi lates.

The DTWC’s I’ve attended, always like the mods. The whole deal. Except the year they pill drawed 105 and you had guys on the front row who were just out to lunch. Just so much slower than the field. And it caused some wrecks. I’ll always remember the guy from Oklahoma in a number 12 had to start in the back. Drove his tail off, just didn’t make it. They were stacked heats with 12 or more cars.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Couldn't agree more (steel block lives matter). I think people on here just like to wine. I was their last year thought it was fine. I prefer the dual heat format. The only saving grace for the standard lucas format is the race is 100 laps wich makes starting position far less important. Most of their sub 50 lap races suck lately and i blame the heads up format.
    They make like wine too, but I think you are referring to whine. Enjoy the mods and I understand why they added steel blocks with the super counts being down. The mod counts are down roughly 20 from a few years ago, and lates are down 20 plus from a few years ago. But it doesn’t help you had other two day regional shows that kept some closer to home than coming to PRP, at least as far as supers are concerned.

My only thing is PRP is notorious for multiple day shows of locking down. Just freight train on the bottom, don’t get outta line. Stay in the rubber. So you aren’t benefiting anyone long term if that happens continuously. Though it looked pretty dang good last night.

Carl gives the extra $50k. It adds nothing to car count. I stand by the comment.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Carl gives the extra $50k. It adds nothing to car count. I stand by the comment.
    And I at least agree 100%