Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Carl gives the extra $50k. It adds nothing to car count. I stand by the comment.
    The Rhino Ag Optima Batteries DTWC presented by Carl Short. I’m fairly certain Carl isn’t the only one that deserves all the credit.

It's Carl's event. Sure he has sponsors. They were quite a different group of sponsors when Charlie Swartz won in 1980.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It's Carl's event. Sure he has sponsors. They were quite a different group of sponsors when Charlie Swartz won in 1980.
    I’m pretty sure there wasn’t a DTWC in 1980 and The inaugural wasn’t won by Swartz.

You are right, Dunn won the first, everyone knows that. Swartz won in 82. It does nothing for your point, however.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I see the track prep class is back tonight at PRP. They should be embarrassed for themselves. I would be furious if I had to sit there and watch this mess. If you are going to work it at least put the blade down on the one grader that is on the track.

You are right, Dunn won the first, everyone knows that. Swartz won in 82. It does nothing for your point, however.
    I responded to the fact that you claimed that Carl had sponsors in 1980 when Charlie Swartz won. You said “everyone knows that” about Jim Dunn winning the first yet you did not. My point is Carl and every other business man is not going to be “giving” money to anyone regardless of sponsorship money or not without expecting a positive return. Your point reflects the joke Earl used to say “If I would have sold one more hot dog I would have broke even.” It seems as if you believe that.

I knew Dunn won the first. I used Charlie as an example of a year, because he is one of my favorites. He won the World that year, not the dtwc, as it didn't exist yet. My bad, I got mixed up. It appears you believe this race is different, and Carl in some way benefits, when it pays 100k instead of 50k. It is not. They gain not one car, nor 1 fan with the extra $50k. In making this decision on pay, it is a charitable contribution.

I have no idea what Earl's joke has to do with this conversation...
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-18-2020 at 01:25 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Yea and big Jim Dunn started LAST and won. O never any passing at pennsboro was the cry. Sure the cars were a lot different but this race has always drawn the cars and the fans I don't care were Carl has had it