Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Fergy and Madden tweeted about the same thing. Fergy would probably had a top ten because of it but had a tire go went flat with about 4 to go
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by CILDirt View Post
    For as much time as they spent on that track it was a joke.
    The problem is everyone is running one of two types of cars and all are on the same tires. The SB feature had passing the whole 25 laps. The track wasn't really all that "locked down".
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The problem is everyone is running one of two types of cars and all are on the same tires. The SB feature had passing the whole 25 laps. The track wasn't really all that "locked down".
    I disagree. Josh Rice (only seen him on video so far but seems like one of the better cushion runners) made the most of what he had up top and it went away. They were grabbing traction here are there but that 44 knew the track well you could see.

The DTWC has rarely had good races. When it was at Pennsboro it was normally junk, Bardstown was no good. Probably the best one I saw was at Lawrenceburg, and it wasn't all that great. This might have been the longest 2 day show I've ever witnessed with all the downtime, track prep etc. New to move the show along.

Between the bodies, tires, motors and shocks. I don't know of a track that's going to hold up with that many cars beating on it for 2 days. Say what you want, but the cars and fans show up every year. It's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GregA12 View Post
    I disagree. Josh Rice (only seen him on video so far but seems like one of the better cushion runners) made the most of what he had up top and it went away. They were grabbing traction here are there but that 44 knew the track well you could see.
    He or his line went away towards the end of the race. It doesn't take away from the fact that I watched quite a few cars make quite a few passes in that short race. That race was not a train.

The track did take some rubber. Lap times improved at about lap 60 in the super feature. However, the class that came next found the bottom groove wide enough for passing and some cars gaining on the outside. That class had cars with all kinds of different tire combos. Their lap times didn't reflect a rubbered track either, until very late in the race. And for some reason, it only showed up in some cars. Perhaps the others were too tight?
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-18-2020 at 07:15 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

You would think lucas would want their season ending showcase to be a great race and not a snoozer. Seems this is an annual theme at that place.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    You would think lucas would want their season ending showcase to be a great race and not a snoozer. Seems this is an annual theme at that place.
    Maybe they should fix the cars aero problems?
    Do something different with tire rules?
    They could hold another race after this one?
    Not start 30 cars?
    Not sanction this one?

Portsmouth did all they could to provide a decent surface, with the dirt they have.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    The DTWC has rarely had good races. When it was at Pennsboro it was normally junk, Bardstown was no good. Probably the best one I saw was at Lawrenceburg, and it wasn't all that great. This might have been the longest 2 day show I've ever witnessed with all the downtime, track prep etc. New to move the show along.
    There was good ones at Atomic, problem is, we only remember the one where Schrader knew he was losing the track, so he put in zero effort. And it was awful. Was windy and sunny, but he truly put in zero effort.

I’d let Brad have a crack at it. He’s a good promoter who actually tries.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Just add dirt and Boro

My sentiments too. Cool area, good for their economy, but PRP is just notorious for that. They just are.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default PRP track work

There ain’t jack you are going to do to make it any better for a 100 lapper at the end of three days of racing. Still consider it three days, 2 shows Friday. PRP just doesn’t hold up. You’d had to spend way to long working it, and praying it stayed together to really make a difference. And it wouldn’t hold up if you worked it like ya needed and then turned cars loose. It’d been a cornfield. Redo the format and have strictly BMains, then DTWC, anything else would be after that on Saturday. After you were able to totally redo the track after Friday’s action.

Be your only hope I think. But I’ve been there multiple times. Love the area. Track is great for short races. Long races, consecutive days, just doesn’t hold up. Maybe try some of them additives VP and others make. Or move it. Atomic gets my vote.

Give Brad a chance. Let him hopefully redeem what Schrader ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    My sentiments too. Cool area, good for their economy, but PRP is just notorious for that. They just are.
    PRP has consistently sucked at anything over 50 laps for at least the past 15 years. It almost always rubbers up halfway through. The only good one I remember seeing was when Josh McGuire won the Lucas Show back in like 08, I think it was only 75 laps, and even that one rubbered up at about lap 55 or 60. The promoters/owners sound like good people. The facility is good, the parking excellent, the location for the DTWC is centrally located. That said, the track needs new dirt and a reconfigure. Everyone always says it’s the river flooding. Peoria and Davenport flood all the time. The racing at both is light years ahead of PRP.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Most 100 lappers tend to lock down. This idea that 100 lap races used to be these fantastic shows is some serious revisionist history.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I’d have no problems seeing it back at Atomic.

T3r3e3. Davenport speedway has never flooded. The downtown area does, but the racetrack itself is far enough away from the river.

Understand people’s frustrations, for many this is a much anticipated event and a season wrap up. But after watching the video not sure the outcome would have been effected one way or the other, Shep was the best car there by light years. Maybe effect some of the other finishing positions but not the winner.
    I hate time trials.

I remember in 2011 at Atomic....... it locked down halfway through the 2nd heat. At that point I decided I drove 3 hours for the food, and I got a selfie with a guy that looked just like me.
    I’ve said for years that it’s not really the track as much as it’s the format. That’s a lot of cars and a lot of laps for one weekend. I mean if you dive deep enough into it, the event itself is the common denominator.

You’ll probably see Oil Gate 2.0 if PRP does this next year......... if there’s a next year for PRP.

Carl Short's DTWC could give craps about the racing. He is still taking in the money......it is whatever track will give him the best deal to take "his" race to.

It could be worse. It could still be at Pennsboro.

Virginia Motor Speedway