Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Seems odd to me that Tyler Erb advanced 17 spots, Brandon Sheppard advanced 10 spots, Stormy Scott advanced 18 spots, Davenport / Feger advaced 14 spots, Clanton / Broson moved up 12 spots, How the heck was it a bad race. You people crying are the reason for death of the sport you say you love. Not every race is going to be perfect for every fan BUT just to be able to have racing is huge especially in 2020.if you want to critique a race .....fine but please stop trying to kill the sport.............Of all the people crying about the DTWC, HOW MANY ACTUALLY ATTENDED IN PERSON VS WATCHING IT STREAMING??????
    Last edited by 0_VodooChild_0; 10-19-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Seems odd to me that Tyler Erb advanced 17 spots, Brandon Sheppard advanced 10 spots, Stormy Scott advanced 18 spots, Davenport / Feger advaced 14 spots, Clanton / Broson moved up 12 spots, How the heck was it a bad race. You people crying are the reason for death of the sport you say you love. Not every race is going to be perfect for every fan BUT just to be able to have racing is huge especially in 2020.if you want to critique a race .....fine but please stop trying to kill the sport.............Of all the people crying about the DTWC, HOW MANY ACTUALLY ATTENDED IN PERSON VS WATCHING IT STREAMING??????
    I was there ! We camped all weekend and had a great time. Some people want to act like the last 25 laps of a feature define the whole thing---THE WHOLE WEEKEND IS RUINED !!!!!!The ones on here bitching are the same people that bitch all the time about everything!See big fat ernie as a prime example!

You guys were obviously drunk above....

I was there Friday & Saturday as usual. 285 mile drive (1way)- 2 nights at motel- 4 tickets. Not terribly disappointed- but about what I expected for the last 40 laps. Good car count- large crowd- good racing atmosphere. What was surprising was the amount of people who kept their mask on. Unlike Port Royal where we were made fun of for wearing them. No- the track wasn’t perfect the entire 100 laps but it was a 100 lap race that happened in 2020 the year Eldora locked us out.
    We don’t live in a perfect world & I try to look at my glass as half full instead of half empty- the steak at Ribbers was awesome with no complaints of the 30 minute wait at 11:30 on Saturday morning! Yes- the track could have been better- but I will be back next year to experience the DTWC live and in person instead of criticizing from watching off site.

Let me add:

I agree with many of your frustrations about the last 1/2 of the race (track surface)- But Thursday nights rain didn’t help matters with the large amount of races.
    Many want the DTWC moved out of Portsmouth- I understand that as well but as I posted at length on another thread- this is an event- not just a race. Support divisions are needed for the revenue needed to pay the purse. The stands need to be large enough to hold a large gathering of fans- a very large spectactor parking lot is needed - a very large pit area is needed- and lastly- an extreme amount of space for camping is a must. Not many tracks can check all these variables off the list. Portsmouth has the facilities to fit the needed requirements. For those that remember: one year when it was held at Atomic- it rained hard on Thursday (modified program) the late model teams had to stay in town at the parking lot at Walmart until the modified teams left the pits. Again- my point is- not many tracks can fulfill the needed infrastructure to hold the DTWC.
    As for the # of laps: to me if it’s a crown jewel-it should be a 100 laps!

My biggest complaint of the weekend: giving Kyle Larson a promotor provisional! Who called that shot- Lucas, Carl Short or Portsmouth owners? He didn’t even finish his heat race and was only racing late models for the 2nd weekend of the year. What about all the other teams that were more deserving? The Conley family-the Carpenter family and all the other local teams that support Portsmouth each and every year. To Me- they got slapped in the face. It reminds me of when the Knoxville Nationals first started with late models- Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman and a couple of others were guaranteed starting spots in the field. I think it was Bloomquist who raised the question as to “why”- let them race their way in like all the rest. I know there were fans who wanted to see Larson compete- but how many went to the race-paid for admission and ect. Just because he was there? Yes-I understand the thinking behind the provisional- just don’t agree with it. For you Nascrap fans- would NASCAR grant a promotor provisional to an Indy car star that failed to make the Daytona 500?

Well said Foxfire........

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    From what I read , the DTWC was quite an exciting race until Rocket Shepp got the lead. Rocket Shepp did not start on the front row and had to race hard to get the lead. Once a driver put on a drive like that , you like to see him take the win knowing that a cut tire or a broken part could take him out. Ricky Thornton Jr dogged him until the end. The race was far from boring to me. With the current aerodynamics of the SLM race cars it is hard to keep a track wet for 100 laps. The air blown on the track from the aerodynamics of the race cars really dry out a track after 50 or 60 laps. Still, 100 laps races are fun because of the uncertainty of all cars completing 100 laps.
    A lot of the same SLM race cars that were a PRP race at Florence completing a 100 laps and it doesn't dry out!

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    A lot of the same SLM race cars that were a PRP race at Florence completing a 100 laps and it doesn't dry out!
    It's not a wet/dry issue. It's abrasion laying rubber. And, as I've said before, I sent the SB feature video to a very knowledgeable dirt guy. He asked if they reworked the track, cause he heard it was rubbered up. He didn't see it in that race. There was no rework by the track crew.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

How would the race had been if they ran on that surface Lernerville had Saturday.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I know I sound like a broken record, but I wish you guys could see what Cedar Lake does with a 3-day show capped by a 100 lapper. Every track can miss occasionally but too many tracks miss most of the time (100 lappers, sometimes even 50 lappers)
    Hanson
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by jhanson View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record, but I wish you guys could see what Cedar Lake does with a 3-day show capped by a 100 lapper. Every track can miss occasionally but too many tracks miss most of the time (100 lappers, sometimes even 50 lappers)
    Hanson
    Minnesota
    Some tracks have zero chance with the tires run and the dirt they have. Portsmouth did all they could. When they dug it up, it was wet underneath. They didn't just sit around with their thumbs in their butts.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

chupp n bloomer fan

"There was good ones at Atomic, problem is, we only remember the one where Schrader knew he was losing the track, so he put in zero effort. And it was awful. Was windy and sunny, but he truly put in zero effort.

I’d let Brad have a crack at it. He’s a good promoter who actually tries."

Thats not entirely true. Shrader wanted to water and fix the track , but Ritchie Lewis told him NO , he didn't want his drivers to have to change thier setups. Shrader walking up the stairs to the tower "This is just gonna make me look bad"

In the early 2000's PRP had some really good 100 lappers. I agree with some that quite a bit of it is with the cars now. Some tracks just aren't very good for long races with the way they are now.
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!

i was at the races saturday night but pulled it up on my phone and watched the last 64 laps and never saw a green flag pass that wasnt a restart. Ive yet to see a good dtwc there, really wish theyd move it somewhere that can stay competitive. The heats friday were good but they had to work the track for an hour to do it

Does Portsmouth have money to haul in new clay ? Tracks can be refreshed with the right clay. Some tracks are close to good deposits of clay---some not . . . . hauling costs.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanson View Post
    Does Portsmouth have money to haul in new clay ? Tracks can be refreshed with the right clay. Some tracks are close to good deposits of clay---some not . . . . hauling costs.
    Maybe Lucas can put the cars on a different tire? That's cheaper for everyone.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

PRP completely floods out almost every year. New clay will just wash away in the spring.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Clay doesn't wash away in non moving standing water. The track gets covered in river silt. You just grade the silt off and haul it away. They do it almost every year here as well. As long as the track is sealed up it shouldn't be a problem.
    8/13/16

Take it back to Lawrenceburg. Atomic was great in 2005 and 2006 but the new dirt they put on in 2007 ruined it. Maybe Virginia Motor as a option too

Quote Originally Posted by Live4DLM View Post
    Take it back to Lawrenceburg. Atomic was great in 2005 and 2006 but the new dirt they put on in 2007 ruined it. Maybe Virginia Motor as a option too
    Atomic gets new dirt twice a year now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    100 laps, double file restarts, flats tires(cars pitting) lapped traffic making and stopping passes, and a few actual passes under green. Easily explains the position changes!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!