Default Series who combine supers and crates

Just watched 2 nights of Blue Ridge Outlaws. Friday on the small track and last night on the half mile. In my opinion they do a pretty good job of combining different combinations of cars. Crates vs Supers. Ricky Weeks won in the Super last night but it wasn’t a blowout. Huey and Mangum were not far behind at the finish. How do they attempt to equal out things and try to make this work for everyone? I know weight and wings are different. Supers did not have the right wear sideboard (blue ridge allows a sideboard). 👍 Any other methods or ways to make everyone competitive ?

Huey and Timbo both were running steel head engines I believe. Ricky may have been as well.

Any combination of weight, spoiler, and tire difference are used to balance them out. It's hard to always get it right. Tacky vs slick will almost always give one of the packages an edge.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Huey and Timbo both were running steel head engines I believe. Ricky may have been as well.
    Announcer said Ricky and Nance had supers but Ricky did say in the post race interview that he did not have the right equipment to run Carolina Clash this year (so maybe you are right)Pretty good late model show last night. The dash was awesome between Ricky and Nance. (The support divisions plain sucked though) (support divisions at East Lincoln are a real hoot on the tight track) Overall I thought the Blue Ridge folks did a great job. (I will certainly go back and watch them again)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Any combination of weight, spoiler, and tire difference are used to balance them out. It's hard to always get it right. Tacky vs slick will almost always give one of the packages an edge.
    It can be done as we saw this weekend 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    It can be done as we saw this weekend 
    Sounds like we aren't sure what we saw?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Sounds like we aren't sure what we saw?
    True but I’m pretty sure Nance had a super but he had a mechanical in the feature. Good mix of cars and also a 12 year old in the 57 that did a pretty good job both nights.

Ricky Weeks had a Clements super engine....Huey had a limited late model engine...Timbo ran a limited sportsman engine with 604 crate heads on it he runs in lightning late model along with 100 dollar pro shocks he had on last night...We knew we were bringing a knife to a gun fight but we had a great night..

Thanks for the update. You guys put on a great show 👍 Timbo with the renegade win as well.

Years ago we started SBC's against BB Fords....and Olds, Mopar, Buicks and Cadillacs.

Fast guys made the main...semi and consi's for the slower guys.

Every position paid $$$.

50-60 car fields in two classes. We didnt need six classes to generate back gate $$$ to pay the purse.

I realize our sport is past it's hayday but having every race pay helps bring the low buck drivers back every week. And brings their fans, too.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Good point

A smart promotor once told me 'There will always be someone here to collect the first place check, it's the guy finishing twenty fourth I have to look out for'.....

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    A smart promotor once told me 'There will always be someone here to collect the first place check, it's the guy finishing twenty fourth I have to look out for'.....
    I like that 👍