Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DTWC and DOHM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    What broke on his car? I never heard anything
    Said brake problems on DoD racewire where they detailed what the cautions were for.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by Carb7 View Post
    I didn't say anything about "dirty air" or anything about TMAC passing on the outside or even restarts. What I said was Zack is a local guy that should be proud of what he did against the big guys, just as he has done so many times. Just giving credit where credit is due.
    He’s not a local guy, he’s a regional star on the cusp of being nationally known if he isn’t already. He’s a heck of a wheel man but you can’t say IF in racing.

My point is that he is local to this area. And people love to see a "local" guy do well against the "big" guys. Yes, he is a regional star and is a threat anywhere he goes and has become part of the national conversation. He and Nick work hard and it shows. There was no IF in any of my previous posts.

I think Zack had the best car at the point he was going for the lead. It started to latch up in 3&4 before it seemed like it did in 1&2. Perhaps he used a little more than he shouldve trying to get the lead, which caused him to fade later. Who knows what would've happened if he had taken the lead. It was still an impressive showing for someone that just runs regionally on their own dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Man tough crowd. If he gets the lead he gets clean air on the restarts which is really what killed his momentum, not being able to enter the corners correctly with someone on the outside. I thought it was a hell of a run. Definitely enjoyed most of the crowd trying to will Zack around BShep
    Me and the fellas got together here in IL and were watching on the big screen and as that 5-6 lap duel between Dohm and B-Shep was going on, incredible to see Dohm in the middle and run so well there, I said to my bud I'd be fine with Dohm winning, and all in the room agreed........... Was rootin for B-Shep but Dohm winning 100k would have been just fine with us IL Boyz.

Helluva run. Dohm is getting valuable experience. Not sure how old Zach is but expect him to be a real player, just a matter of when.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    The biggest "What if" is what would've happened if Overton could've stayed in the race. Would've loved to have seen if the outcome would've been any different.
    Even with all the big names in the race very good chance Overton would have something to say about the top 5 if not the top 3. ......... Fans got robbed he went out so early.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I think it was a hell of a run for zack and "if" he hadn't tried so hard to get around shep those four or five laps he probably wouldve run second but im glad he didn't because it made for a hell of a good show and I'm sure he went home knowing he gave it everything he could. Great weekend for the whole dohm family
    The sharp ones here at 4m seems to agree B-Shep knew the track was gonna get tough, if not lock down, and that's why he went so hard so early for the lead. Whether or not that was the plan it sure did work out that way.

Any chance Dohm was thinking the same thing and was the reason he came up off his preferred bottom line with 60 laps to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Even with all the big names in the race very good chance Overton would have something to say about the top 5 if not the top 3. ......... Fans got robbed he went out so early.
    I agree. Overton has made some noise this year. What could've been...
    Formerly 66#1

Zack has been racing Lates for at least ten years now probably more and has won a ton of races in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    The sharp ones here at 4m seems to agree B-Shep knew the track was gonna get tough, if not lock down, and that's why he went so hard so early for the lead. Whether or not that was the plan it sure did work out that way.Any chance Dohm was thinking the same thing and was the reason he came up off his preferred bottom line with 60 laps to go?
    More than a chance. It was already rubbering when Zack made his outside charge. I beleive that's why bshepp didn't do anything hasty he already knew he was in the line and just maintained instead of block out move out of the rubber to try and make somthing happen. I think that's what Zack was doing. Obviously if he could've he would have completed the pass on the outside but i think his hand plan was to show shepp a nose and then try and turn back down when shep moved up to"take the line" but shepp knew better. It was a chess match and zack tried every move he had left

Team rocket and b shep knew they had to get to the front first. They did and they won.

Overton going out was just bad luck. It's called racing. It's happened to everyone one.

Dohm had a great run, period.

What if's happen daily, and they never change anything.