Default Kyle Larson Is At It Again!

Kyle Larson won the Bettenhausen Memorial 100 mile USAC Silver Crown race at The Springfield Mile Sunday. Very glad we made the trip to Springfield and braved the cold temps! Larson is now a member of a rather exclusive group of drivers that have won 100 mile races on all 3 dirt mile tracks (Springfield, Du Quoin & Indiana State Fairgrounds).

In addition to Yung Money, David Gravel put on a show in the #21 car coming from 22nd to 2nd in his very first Silver Crown race but he couldn't get around Larson at the end!

All around great show. The mile tracks have been hosting great racing for the past 6 to 8 years and a tip of the hat to Bob Sargent for making the both the Hoosier Hundred and the Bettenhauen Memorial happen under very difficult circumstances!

Truly amazing. Congrats to Kyle Larson.

Wish the miles at Sacramento's Cal Expo ad Columbus, Ohio would open back up some racing again. Saw some great stuff at both way back in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Wish the miles at Sacramento's Cal Expo ad Columbus, Ohio would open back up some racing again. Saw some great stuff at both way back in the old days.
    over, I was on my way to Oakland from Salt Lake a few years ago and stopped to spend the night in Sac Town (bad idea!) and went out to Cal Expo before leaving town in the morning to get a look see at the Sacramento Mile. I've never really heard or been told why they stopped racing Silver Crown cars at Sac Town but I suspect it was due to the 2500 mile pull out there for most of the Crown teams. I also have a funny feeling that the left wing wacko's out there might have applied the needed political pressure to keep auto racing off of the Sac Town Mile. Very nice facility, would love to see a Crown race there!!

I think motorcycles still run flat track from time to time in Sacramento