Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Let him have 1 race where he gets banged up in a dirt car. You watch how fast that will be over. A couple close calls and if it gets in his head he won't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Let him have 1 race where he gets banged up in a dirt car. You watch how fast that will be over. A couple close calls and if it gets in his head he won't be the same.
    You are right 👍 now can Rick give him a better crew chief.

So Larson has won over $550,000 in earnings this year on dirt. Curious as to how that compared to his NASCAR contract. The NASCAR deal obviously pays more but I'd say he fared pretty well. Especially considering he got out of the Chip deal and is now in top notch equipment with a top tier team.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    So Larson has won over $550,000 in earnings this year on dirt. Curious as to how that compared to his NASCAR contract. The NASCAR deal obviously pays more but I'd say he fared pretty well. Especially considering he got out of the Chip deal and is now in top notch equipment with a top tier team.
    Wonder how much of that money he actually pocketed? 30%?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I can guarantee you this wasn't a financially successful year for Mr. Larson.

Fairbury is at the top of his list. NASCAR is off and his Birthday happens to fall on PDC next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Wonder how much of that money he actually pocketed? 30%?
    considering most of his wins were in his own equipment, I'd guess it would be a little better than that.
    8/13/16

considering most of his wins were in his own equipment, I'd guess it would be a little better than that.
    I'm not sure what operational costs are for sprint cars. Most drivers are way better off collecting a percentage.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

No wins were in his own equipment. I've heard most sprint car drivers get 50%

They sold 6,000 late model shirts at port royal.

I will give him some cred for running his own stuff.

The sprint car he drove is owned by Paul Silva, not Kyle. He owns a sprint car team, but the drivers name escapes me, at the moment.

Carson Macedo

Quote Originally Posted by racedad11 View Post
    The sprint car he drove is owned by Paul Silva, not Kyle. He owns a sprint car team, but the drivers name escapes me, at the moment.
    Carson Macedo

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Do you mean Larson's head? He has taken multiple spills, just watch his wreck at Eldora a few years ago...The guy likes riding on the edge and hopefully he keeps that mentality in better equipment...I would rather see him race dirt but I get it, to most of the country NASCAR is the cream of the crop (I don't agree but we all know more about the backside of the business than the average person).

With his base, which is probably 1 to 1.5 million, sponsor appearance dollars, if there's a sponsor. Incentives from HMS, tee shirt sales. I say he makes 2 million easily.

I’m sure Larson will be like other Hendrick drivers and he will invest with Rick and turn millions into 100’s of millions.

If Larson had $550,000 in winnings as a previous post stated and has to split even 50% with his car owner Paul Silva, that puts him at $275,000 (give or take exact winning totals and share percentage). According to the article below from a few year ago, NASCAR drivers make pennies to the dollar on t-shirt sales, while the top dirt drivers can make over six figures a year. What are the odds Larson made as much, or more in t-shirt sales than he did in his share of winnings?Example: If true (previous post above) that 6,000 shirts were sold at Port Royal (6,000 × $25 = $150,000).https://www.google.com/amp/s/nascar....r-drivers/amp/
    Last edited by 15b24fan; 10-30-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Do you mean Larson's head? He has taken multiple spills, just watch his wreck at Eldora a few years ago...The guy likes riding on the edge and hopefully he keeps that mentality in better equipment...I would rather see him race dirt but I get it, to most of the country NASCAR is the cream of the crop (I don't agree but we all know more about the backside of the business than the average person).
    I took it as he was talking about Mr. H.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels