Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I have to agree with Rajflyboy on this, NASCAR surely realizes they are quickly losing their appeal to the short track world. While it may not be huge; (1)- They are in the mainstream news because of him; worked correctly any national press can help them (2)-Fanbase increases, some short track fans will watch because they identify with a talented, very versatile driver (3)-They have nothing to lose, they have lost fans and viewership over the last 10 years and are quickly drowning. He may not be the life boat but he can help row!

EvelB7

Thank you for your input above- although I agree somewhat with your comments- I just don’t see Larson as increasing NASCAR’s popularity. They have been a sinking ship for several years now and the younger generation don’t follow it very much. Larson has the utmost talent for sure- maybe he needed a different direction (team) to see if he can win on a regular basis. Again- I will say that I don’t think he will make a lot of difference with NASCAR’s success or not.
    Just my opionion- and that’s not worth 2 cents!

Briscoe to the #14 SHR car. Looks like Larson will go to Hendrick. Larson is super high with confidence after this crazy season. We'll see if reflects into wins in some darn good equipment.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Larson is aggressive and makes it exciting. They need 15 more drivers like him and Logano. Go for the win at all cost.

Too bad the Cup cars are still choked down to 550 HP on the intermediate tracks. That does not fit Larson's driving style.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

The manufacturers control who goes where. Ford didn’t want him even though Tony did. The manufacturers pay part of the salaries. He has ties with Chevrolet and if he goes to HMS it’s because Jeff Gordon made it happen. The future of HMS lies with Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham. David Gravel will be the next sprint car driver on the fast track to the cup series, and Jeff Gordon is driving that. HMS is one of the few players left that can attain sponsorship rather than be forced to sign a driver that already has the backing. If Hendrick was smart, they’d try with everything in them to get Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) back.

It will take a lot more than Kyle Larson to cure Nascars problems think about it they were struggling when he was driving for nascar they have a lot of problems.

King1

Pleas explain why you stated the future of HMS lies with Jeff & Ray. I am curious as to your perspective- not saying you are wrong.

Kyle larson wins a couple cup championships and wins a bunch of races? Great 30 for 30

He’s already an equity owner in the company. There’s plenty of articles and quotes from Gordon stating that he’ll be the one to run HMS when the time comes, which is still probably 10 to 15 years down the road.

Thank you King1. Is Ray Evernham still employed by HMS- if so- what is his title. Thanks in advance!

I don't think it is true to say Ford does not want Kyle Larson. Ford already has drivers lined up for the next several years to represent them. Kyle Larson had ties to General Motors when Ford was looking for drivers. Kyle Larson was dumped by General Motors this year and Rick Hendrick is the only one with deep enough pockets to support Kyle Larson return. Before Kyle Larson uttered the wrong word , Tony Stewart could have most likely found sponsors for Kyle Larson without needing Fords permission.

Hendrick couldn’t even find a sponsor for JJ. They had to fall back on their cars sales financier partner ally to sponsor the 48 car.

https://racingnews.co/2020/10/20/ton...le-larson/amp/
    "They (Ford) were the ones to recognize his (Briscoe's) talent"

No way to tell talent now in Xfinity without watching these kids against cup talent. What will happen if Larson goes a few seasons and doesn’t do much at Hendrick? Then what?

Hendrick motorsports in my opinion is not putting the financial resources into nascrap as they wonce did. Chad is done on the pit box. Which is a well deserved advancement. That group has lost major sponsorship. They now use sponsors that are directly related to Hendricks dealership empire. Jeff Gordon taking the reins is hilarious. Everham and hendrick had that show on motor trend where he would find these old race cars and restore them. I don't think that is around anymore. Hendrick is getting up in his years, his son was killed in that plane crash. I think you see him there because nascrap needs him , 4 teams, but the days of the hendrick powerhouse I believe are over.

Look at jack roush, enough said.

While I agree that NASCAR feels they need Larson, I do think they are still missing the boat. Their original fan base followed their idols on to the big stage from the short track world to Daytona. I agree one driver alone will make little difference; and putting him with a team that will all but halt his short track racing will not help either. I talk with NASCAR team people virtually everyday, it is a balancing act between money and 'talent'- they know this. I just wish they would make the cars where the talent could outweigh the pocketbook...

Money grab and waste of talent using it on asphalt, but, that's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by bc12 View Post
    Money grab and waste of talent using it on asphalt, but, that's just my opinion
    Completely agree. One of my favorite questions to ask them 'Do you know why they paved some racetracks?', of course the answer is 'to give those that can't drive on dirt a place to race'...