Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kyle Strickler teams with PCC Motorsports

To run 2021 Lucas Oil tour. Story on Dirt on Dirt. Will keep his Longhorn for select events, but they will be using Rocket XR-1'S with Cornett power.

I'll be rooting for RTJ for ROTY that's for sure! Strickler may have calmed down some but I remember watching him plow through the field a lot a few years ago in the mods and I've never liked a ramrod, side bit borrowing driver like that.

What happened to Hudson? Didn't he just land this new ride 2 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    What happened to Hudson? Didn't he just land this new ride 2 months ago?
    He's driving for double down motorsports

Hudson could have ended up in a bad spot if things went south with the gf. Good deal for all parties

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    I'll be rooting for RTJ for ROTY that's for sure! Strickler may have calmed down some but I remember watching him plow through the field a lot a few years ago in the mods and I've never liked a ramrod, side bit borrowing driver like that.
    Got me beat. I'll be rooting for 8. I've got to know Kyle quite well over the last 12 years. He's culm down a good bit over the years. both of these drivers can wheel the sh!t out of a race car. It will be interesting to see what these two driver can do in 2021. Both very talented driver and a great upside to how high the ceiling limit is on them. Both drivers are awesome with fans. I think they will both have some success next season and get a few wins.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I really thought the longhorn with bilsteins was the reason to his success. Time will tell I guess.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I really thought the longhorn with bilsteins was the reason to his success. Time will tell I guess.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they still run bilstein. Vinny is a bilstein rep.

What do you clued in guys think about this? An owner new to the game and just got in cuz The Little Deal was their girl's boyfriend. Not to cast aspersions on the new owners but do you think this is the best deal Strickler could secure?

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Got me beat. I'll be rooting for 8. I've got to know Kyle quite well over the last 12 years. He's culm down a good bit over the years. both of these drivers can wheel the sh!t out of a race car. It will be interesting to see what these two driver can do in 2021. Both very talented driver and a great upside to how high the ceiling limit is on them. Both drivers are awesome with fans. I think they will both have some success next season and get a few wins.
    I'm really pumped for the Lucas Tour next season. I guess this could change but Owens, T-Mac, O'neal, Moran, Richards, Erb, English, Davenport, Clanton, Bronson, Scott and now RTJ and Strickler? ......... Seems any night 6-8-9 guys have a legit shot to win the race.

And all 62 races live streamed!!

2 new cars,motors, new rig, and $$. Said he got hooked on the racing. Hudson didn't do too shabby in it.

I think it's more the reckless abandon, give it all style of driving. It's worked out well for him so far. Interesting to see how it works over a season on a National tour.
    Kyle definitely gets the most out of a car that's for sure.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    2 new cars,motors, new rig, and $$. Said he got hooked on the racing. Hudson didn't do too shabby in it.
    That team hit the ground running and my guess is it exceeded everyone's expectations. But that certainly wasn't a whole grueling 62 race season.............. I'm hoping it all works out but just curious if this was Strickler's only option.

There’s also a rumor heard going around the pits at Portsmouth that a certain “sexy” 76 might be Lucas Oil bound in 2021!

I see a lot of Highside tickling going on next year 👍😜

Vinny is the reason for his success. Everybody that guy has worked for has had speed

We watched him get torn down in a mod at Fayetteville or Dublin one year a good while back and a noisy older guy on the phone the whole time yipping about how great he was and that Kyle had come down and whacked some local yocals, blah blah.

It was kind of off putting and made me feel a certain kind of way about Kyle back then....the car had Harris on it.
    Over time I've learned to like him though just because he is fearless, and he doesn't mind saying " whoops my fault" and knows he's got a "whoops" coming back to him.....and is good with it.

He strikes me as a guy that is better with being his own team but I'm glad for him and them that they have good stuff to run with and hope their chemistry is right for as long as they want.it to be.......Kyle can drive anything but I bet he will have them convinced in running Longhorns before the year is out.

He was found illegal back then btw.....all the local yocals got a good chuckle out of it....in the 8s defense, he handled it like a pro, the noisy feller with them got pretty quiet....I hope he shakes em up a little next year.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

What’s Fayetteville like now a days? I haven’t been there since the 90’s. They have Carolina Sprint series this week.

completely different track than back then.....once they get this covid and disease in the governors house figured out and they can operate normally I see a bunch of great racing happening there.

The new folks there have a boatload of sweat equity in the place.....and it shows.

I've seen a couple events there this year and I got to watch a race from the infield a couple weeks back and it's pretty cool what they have made from that old one lane giant....the sprints will put on a show no doubt.....the local support stuff is good too...pure stock, super street,legends ....some talented drivers in that region, put on some dandy racing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thanks for the update. I saw a driver take a sledge hammer to a competitors car one night at this place. Racing was stopped until he loaded up and pulled out of the property. That was a crazy night. I need to go see the Sprints this week. They ran HARD at Carolina.