Default Talladega Updates

Before the highly successful Ice Bowl and after, things have been busy at the Talladega Short Track in preparation on the 2022 season that will kick off in March at the Bama Bash. In no order...

The old restrooms behind the grandstands have been knocked down and will be built new from the ground up and be ready for the March opener as the first phase ramps up.

New ticket booths courtesy of Bama Sheds are in place at the entrance for the spectators, entrance to the pits, and for the Raceway Park go kart track.

Revamping of the scale house, replacing and upgrading of the track lights.

Expansion of the pits all the way to the interstate, clearing of debris and trees so visibility from the interstate is enhanced and a new sign coming.

Drainage thru out the entire facility has addressed and fixed, from the pits to the parking lot, to the infield of the track. Fencing removed and or replaced with new paint all around.

Track prep equipment purchased and upgraded with a huge emphasis on the quality of the racing.

A new addition is now an option to pay via credit/debit card along with cash.

Access roads redone with millings in place to drastically cut down on mud and other issues. Power poles will be upgraded and relocated.

A 2022 schedule that will be the best in years and a dedication to run the races in a very fast manner with fair admission and concession prices all with the easy-going TST cooler policy.

There are many more things to come on the TST 2022 horizon that will enhance the experience at TST.

It is going to be some year, hope you join us. This is just some, not all the improvements that have been and will be done.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

You are a great ambassador for that track late model Mark….thanks for sharing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

great news mark , glad the new owner has the resources to do this , I think its a win win for every one , I know there is no way to please every one , be he is defiantly making head way in my book ........

Give Adam time, he will make us all proud. Off to a good start...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

I get to stop by the track at least once a week, sometimes twice in my travels and I see first hand what is going on, many, many small tasks, some big, some that take time due to one thing or another. There was so much and still to be done, the list is huge, it all takes $$$ of course.

2022 will be great at TST.

Late Model Mark

Hope it turns out better than green valley did.