Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which service should I subscribe to?

Trying to decide which streaming service to subscribe to for 2021, can only do one (per the wife). This year I did DirtVision and while it was cool to get the Sprint Cars my heart is still in being a Late Model fan so I only got the WoO Late Model shows.

Lucas Oil's deal seems to be the cheapest and with them streaming all the Lucas races in 2021 I'm leaning toward them but would still be open to the idea of Flo.

What do you guys think? Go with Lucas, do Flo instead or do DirtVision? Main concern is just getting to see the most late model racing for the best price.

Thanks
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

If you like to also see paved short track also consider Speed 51. They have a lot to offer for dirt and paved.

I highly recommend you subscribe to Dirt on Dirt. You get to see a lot of Dirt Late Model racing, news, race team updates, and see Late Models and Sprint cars on Flo cause it is a package deal. You may not get to see Woo or Lucas Late Models live but you can get up in the morning the next day, get you some coffee and watch it like it was happening real time. Shortened a little but still great if you don’t know the results. I love DoD and had it for several years. Another bonus is Eldora races are on Flo.

IMO, Flo is the best deal out there currently with the content they offer. We do subscribe to Lucas Oil Racing TV as well. Cancelled DirtVision about a year ago - loved seeing the DLM racing, but $40/month was out of control.

I think we ordered maybe 2 PPV's on DirtVision in the past 12 months.

Can't go wrong with Flo, also like LucasOil. DirtVision would be a distant third IMO.

Flo is god, Lucas Oil will have all races streamed on their platform, I love dirt vision for WoO Lates and Sprints, they also have ALL UMP Summernational races. So during summer DirtVision is really good for June and July

you cant go wrong with either but ill say flo just because they cover everything

I would tell my wife that I would cancel DirtVision at $480. + per year and then get Lucas Oil Racing TV at $100. (I myself am grandfathered in at $60. since I was a subscriber from the beginning and it's been well worth it from the start And is only getting better since next year they will cover every Lucas Oil Late Model race) and DoD/Flo Racing at $150. Those 2 would cost you $250./year and would save you and your wife $230. + per year.

As just a DLM fan-only, it's a tough decision. If you were just a fan of WoO LM's or Lucas Oil, it's a little easier, but even then you will be missing out on some big and popular races each year. OTOH, Flo pretty much covers every single other race in the US! lol

I'm a DLM fan first, but living close to the Central PA tracks and going often, I find myself enjoying sprint car shows more and more over most LM shows. It helps that it's the best weekly shows in the country, but more times than not LM shows run on tracks that can't hold up to them. Not to mention traffic with sprint cars and you then have an entirely different race.

Here's my pros and cons of each broadcaster-

World of Outlaws-

Pros- EVERY WoO race with the exception of Cedar Lake Nationals and Knoxville Nationals. ALL Summer National races. Weekly racing at Williams Grove, Knoxville, Attica and Lernerville. They finally have a cell phone app! Many races for each series with some midweek shows. And they do offer a free section that I believe all races go to eventually, albeit weeks behind at times. Aussie content as well over the winter.

Cons- Most expensive option out of all broadcasters. Charging $40 every 28 days is about four times more expensive than any other. No Chromecast option. No rewind function during streams.

Lucas Oil Racing TV-

Pros- Covering EVERY race starting next season. Usually a far superior broadcast quality than any other. They have the rights to the C, B and A main at the Chili Bowl. That is worth the price of admission alone! They are also good at uploading replays pretty quickly and usually break the down by hot laps/qualifying, heats and feature. Not only do they cover the LOLMDS, they broadcast a number of ASCS throughout the season. Great apps for pretty much all platforms, sans Apple currently.

Cons-

Limited content. They have been known to have some broadcasting technical issues at times, though it doesn't always affect everyone.

Flo Racing/Dirt on Dirt-

Pros-

They cover every other race pretty much in the country! Weekly shows at Port Royal, Lincoln (PA), Cedar Lake, among numerous others and every non-WoO shows at Eldora, all three divisions of USAC and many regional series for LM's. They are also the exclusive broadcaster for the All Stars Circuit of Sprints. On any given night one can have their choice of up to 15 (or more) races, starting at 6pm and going until 3 in the morning (or later sometimes!). Aussie content over the winter too! For $150 and the amount of content they provide, they are the leader in dirt racing coverage! It's better to signup via Dirt on Dirt because you then get Flo. Currently this is not the case if you signup via Flo.

Cons-

They don't have WoO or Lucas Oil races.

there are other broadcasters out there like Speed51, National Speed Sport News, etc., but they cater more to one-off events than appealing to monthly or yearly subscribers.

I'll add, what TBSprintFan said above is a great compromise! You can watch the WoO events a week or so later and not miss anything all the while saving LOTS of money! I think WoO is going to be under a lot of pressure to adjust their pricing with the competition that is out there. That can only be good for all of us!
    Last edited by TDRacin®; 10-22-2020 at 02:43 PM.

In my opinion if you have a favorite driver then subscribe to the service that lest you watch that driver the most. If no favorite then Dirt on dirt is the best option.

As others have said, its going to depend on what you want to watch. With LORTV covering every Lucas race in 2021, that $100 is the absolute best bang for the buck in terms of watching a national late model series.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    I would tell my wife that I would cancel DirtVision at $480. + per year and then get Lucas Oil Racing TV at $100. (I myself am grandfathered in at $60. since I was a subscriber from the beginning and it's been well worth it from the start And is only getting better since next year they will cover every Lucas Oil Late Model race) and DoD/Flo Racing at $150. Those 2 would cost you $250./year and would save you and your wife $230. + per year.
    TBSprintFan nails it. This is what I do and it is well worth it! Be sure and subscribe to Dirt on Dirt so Flo is included at no additional cost.

A lot of great information here. I still haven’t decided which way to go in 2021 but I’m personally into paved track as well (not nearly as much as dirt though)(I’d like to see 5 flags and Winchester occasionally and a few other paved track events).

im a lucas snob but my biggest issue with them is their app doesnt work with iOS and like posted above they have technical issues sometimes

The replay capability and reasonable cost is a positive with FLO. Am not a sprint fan thru the years but non-wing sprints and midgets provide the most competitive dirt racing there is at present IMO. Wing cars, not so much. I’d look for the sub rate to go up in the not too distant future, hope I'm wrong.
    I hate time trials.

kasual pretty much summed it up.

For shear quantity Flo is by far the best value but that is only the case if you enjoy disciplines of racing other than dirt late models. We have had LORTV since the beginning and for $60.00 it's a no brainer. It's worth twice that much for the dirt late model programing alone.

We've also been a FloRacing subscriber from from the very beginning and it was worth the $150.00 even when it was just USAC programing. Heck, we could have watched 2 or 3 events at Fairbury this year, but of course we were in the stands. It's always a plus to be able to watch the replay even when we've attended the event in question. Since they've added a bunch of late model programing and Eldora it puts Flo in a class by itself.

$250 for LORTV and Flo is a very good value. Nothing is perfect and those two providers are no exception but between the two of them they probably have the most programing for dirt late model fans.

Lucas Oil Racing TV is great value for your buck. I also do DirtVision but only buy maybe 4 months as it’s easy to cancel and restart up when ever you want. Can’t beat have two TV’s watching Late Models and Sprints at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    im a lucas snob but my biggest issue with them is their app doesnt work with iOS and like posted above they have technical issues sometimes
    I'm a Lucas snub. My issue with them is pert near every race Nation wide is timed with RaceMonitor Timing. lucas went there own direction with their timing app. I don't need two of them.
    Used to watch great replays of lucas racing on DoD till lucas reduced the size of the replays to a handful of laps.
    Now they want to have their exclusive site for lucas events.
    Sorry, I'm a lil biased here but I'll take Flo with there abundant supply of racing over Forest's lucas events. There is more to racing then the lucas oil series. But if yer a stargazer and only there to see the big dogs, lucas might be for you.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm a Lucas snub. My issue with them is pert near every race Nation wide is timed with RaceMonitor Timing. lucas went there own direction with their timing app. I don't need two of them.
    Used to watch great replays of lucas racing on DoD till lucas reduced the size of the replays to a handful of laps.
    Now they want to have their exclusive site for lucas events.
    Sorry, I'm a lil biased here but I'll take Flo with there abundant supply of racing over Forest's lucas events. There is more to racing then the lucas oil series. But if yer a stargazer and only there to see the big dogs, lucas might be for you.
    MyRacePass kicks the crap out of Race Monitor for lineups, results and live timing and scoring. Its so user friendly. Especially considering lineups and results are FREE, only need to pay 1 $5-6 fee to have live timing and scoring for every event MRP covers. Every track up here in Wissota and Cedar Lake uses MRP.

Maybe depends on your area but Race Monitor covers pretty much every race in my area except when lucas comes to town. RM was $5 as well. Free on a home devise. Sounds like MRP is the best route for you in the Wi. area.
    I'm just saying, if you salivate over the lucas series, LRTV would be the way to go. Me personally prefer the wide variety of racing that Flo offers along with DoD's excellent coverage of dirt late models.

plus, you don't get DSuave on LRTV.lol
    8/13/16