Default Late pass nets Brandon Overton Fall Nats win at Tri-County

https://insidedirtracing.com/late-ra...at-tri-county/

Overton made the race winning move with 8 laps remaining

Woooo. You talk about s*it hole race tracks. This place ranks right up there. The place looks like a jalopy race track from back in the 40's.

The track is awesome. The facilities, not so much!

I go to the race track to race or watch a race. Not do a review on toilets.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Woooo. You talk about s*it hole race tracks. This place ranks right up there. The place looks like a jalopy race track from back in the 40's.
    My favorite track to watch a race. Just be sure you don't wear good clothes and bring dust glasses and a stadium seat. Great food too!

Last night wasn't the best race I have seen there... certainly still better than average at most Carolina/Northeast GA tracks though!

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    My favorite track to watch a race. Just be sure you don't wear good clothes and bring dust glasses and a stadium seat. Great food too!Last night wasn't the best race I have seen there... certainly still better than average at most Carolina/Northeast GA tracks though!
    This👍 Great track to see a race.

I put this track in my bucket list last year. Wish it wasn’t so far away...roughly 4 hours for me. Let’s just say it has “character”. Reminds of some long ago tracks from my childhood.

Where is anyone reviewing toilets? A facility that looks sketchy (poor safety) doesn't look good for the sport when something goes terribly wrong.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Where is anyone reviewing toilets? A facility that looks sketchy (poor safety) doesn't look good for the sport when something goes terribly wrong.
    Richard Petty says dirt racing isn't professional. I wish he was right.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Richard Petty has been sniffing to many STP fumes.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Default Bucket list

It's on mine too....I'm 6 hrs and 14 minutes from door to door.

Friend of mine who's brother travels with the tour a little says he claims its one of the raciest joints in the country.

It may have character and be a little rough around the edges watching on television but I'm not so sure that Ray Cook is going to compromise in the safety department......IMO top tier drivers wouldn't show up on a regular basis there if it was unsafe.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's on mine too....I'm 6 hrs and 14 minutes from door to door.

Friend of mine who's brother travels with the tour a little says he claims its one of the raciest joints in the country.

It may have character and be a little rough around the edges watching on television but I'm not so sure that Ray Cook is going to compromise in the safety department......IMO top tier drivers wouldn't show up on a regular basis there if it was unsafe.
    I've been. I like the track. 👍🏻
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Great track, horrible facilities....

Safety. The flag stand looked like it was made from Barnwood on tv. I'm sure it wasn't but it sure didn't look safe if a car would make any type of contact. The fencing on the front straight, what was that going to do ? Not one of those cables were tight. Good racing, yes. For a tv show you would think someone would have a little pride.

I would go to Tri-County in a heartbeat. I enjoyed the show last night. "Dive" or Mom and Pop restaurants almost always have the best food. Sometimes racetracks are like that also. The area Tri County is in is absolutely stunning also.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    I would go to Tri-County in a heartbeat. I enjoyed the show last night. "Dive" or Mom and Pop restaurants almost always have the best food. Sometimes racetracks are like that also. The area Tri County is in is absolutely stunning also.
    This 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    This 
    I haven't been to Tri-County,but my wife and I went to Toccoa Raceway in 2008. It was pretty much right out of the 1960's or whenever,but man what a track. I will never will forget them having a "Ladies" and a "Women's" restroom,lol. I asked my wife which one she went in. FAST track. I remember two late models crashed under the flagstand. Thankfully nobody was hurt,but one of the driver's lost his helmet! Only time I've ever seen that happen.
    Formerly 66#1