FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

October 23, 2020

Billy Moyer Continues Late Season Surge with Granite City Win; Fall Classic Up Next!

(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) Billy Moyer, of Batesville, Arkansas, mastered Tri-City Speedway on Saturday evening, October 17 to land his fifth victory of 2020 and his 845th win in his illustrious career! At the Granite City, Illinois oval in the Lucas Oil MLRA Series finale, Billy placed second in his heat race and later rolled off from the outside of the third row in the 40-lap main event. The Dirt Late Model Hall of Famer then steered his famed #21 machine to the point on the 29th circuit and held off a charging Bobby Pierce late in the contest to secure the $7,000 top prize. Finishing behind Moyer was Pierce, Ryan Gustin, Tony Jackson, Jr., and Chad Simpson!

In the weekend opener at Granite City on Friday night, Billy ran third in his loaded heat race prior to starting the $5,000 to win headliner from the inside of the fifth row. The popular driver known as "Mr. Smooth" then worked his way past a trio of competitors at the St. Louis-area venue to finish sixth in the final rundown of the 30-lapper behind only race winner Mason Oberkramer, Chris Simpson, Tim Manville, Shannon Babb, and Bobby Pierce. Complete results from the final MLRA weekend of the year can be viewed by clicking on www.mlraracing.com.

"We made some changes to the car and hit it pretty good,” commented Moyer in victory lane. “Early in the race I was a little bit concerned, but I guess it kind of come to us the longer we went. The bottom was kind of wore out more, but I could make better time down there. Down both straitaways - even the back there - it felt like way low I could get a little bit of grip to get ahold of. That's where I worked hard to try to adjust the car where I could kind of hit that little strip there and it worked out for us. It was a fun race and the track the last two nights has been really good race-wise with a good top and bottom on it!”

The Billy Moyer Racing (BMR) team will go big check hunting once again this upcoming weekend (October 23-24) in the Magnolia State. Whynot Motorsports Park in Meridian, Mississippi will play host to the 26th edition of the Coors Light ‘Fall Classic’ this weekend and a $15,000 winner’s check will be up for grabs in the unsanctioned contest. Qualifying and heat race action will take place at the “House of Hook” on later tonight, while the 100-lap ‘Fall Classic’ will headline the weekend on Saturday evening. While Billy has never won this prestigious event, he has recorded runner-up performances on three different occasions in 2015, 2010, and 2008. Additional information on Whynot Motorsports Park can be located by clicking on www.whynotmotorsportspark.com.

Billy Moyer Racing (BMR) would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support: Karl Chevrolet, Chevrolet – Find New Roads, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Henderson Motorsports, Jack’s Auto Parts, M&S Concrete, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Sunoco Race Fuel, Capital Race Cars, Modern Images, Midwest Sheet Metal, Sweet Mfg., Deatherage Opticians, Hoosier Racing Tires South, AFCO Racing Products, Performance Bodies & Parts, Bulldog Rear Ends, ISC Racers Tape, Out-Pace Racing Products, Penske Racing Shocks, Eibach Springs, Bert Transmission, Hooker Harness, Joie of Seating, MSD Ignition, TWM Racing Products, Peterson Fluid Systems, FK Rod Ends, Fuel Safe Cells, Beyea Headers, Allstar Performance, Stealth Carburetors, Wiles Driveshafts, Accu-Force Shock Dynos, Wilwood Engineering, Strange Oval, Bell Helmets, Delph Communications, Intercomp, Champ Pans, Bad Boy Mowers, Hanson Industrial, KRC, and DirtCarLift.com.

The latest dirt on Billy Moyer Racing (BMR) can be found all year long by clicking on www.BillyMoyer.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com