Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Carolina Tracks coming to the Rescue

2 of the crappiest 1 lane Dusty tracks in America. Who exactly are they rescuing?

You have to ocerlook poor ole FLYBOY! He is a NASCRAP fan who knows doodle squat about dirt late model racing! He just surfs the web looking for anything to post about.

Lancaster = one of fastest dirts tracks in nation with a well prepped track every night out. Carolina is a 3/8ths mile with good racing and friendly atmosphere. I’m thankful for more racing that weekend around Charlotte 👍
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 10-24-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Personally, I have been to both, and both fit the "crappiest" bill. To be clear though, it was 15 years ago. Both were so bad I never made a second trip to either one, but I have heard others say both are much-improved. Regardless, it is good to see someone schedule races that weekend, and both will be well-attended.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Personally, I have been to both, and both fit the "crappiest" bill. To be clear though, it was 15 years ago. Both were so bad I never made a second trip to either one, but I have heard others say both are much-improved. Regardless, it is good to see someone schedule races that weekend, and both will be well-attended.
    Lancaster = great track/surface (facilities for fans not so much) bad fast which is worth going for (More big events at this track now) Carolina = good racing/facilities are all in working order/good people/workers (helpful)It really depends where you live and how far you want to drive (I guess). Thankful for 2 more late model events around here.

I actually went to Carolina Speedway a few years ago twice in one trip... my first and last time there. That place was a total dump with no clue on how to run a program. It was a Carolina Clash race.. they wasted time all night, then before the feature wasted more time with various things and it was tad after midnight. At that point I left and headed home since my drive was 3 hours.

Carolina Clash usually runs late around here. I’d like to see this series run more like the outlaws or Lucas and demand to run earlier. They pay a good purse so I guess they agree to this in order to sell more track concessions. I make it a point not to buy anything at the track past 8pm. I don’t contribute to it.

Cool that the ultimate guys are doing the show, but I'm confused at how Gastonia nc is wide open for a race and the city of Charlotte/ concord nc is not???

They are a very short drive from each other......what's the backstory on that?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

BBQ.. very good question about Carolina having a race. That track is in North Carolina.

I'm in concord right now for a soccer tournament, tons of people everywhere.

North Carolina has selective enforcement, the other piece is that the venue at Charlotte is a) high profile b) holds more than 10,000 people. CMS cannot risk the negative publicity nor the backlash that they would receive from the state government. Politically, CMS has to make sure the follow the governor's orders....

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    You have to ocerlook poor ole FLYBOY! He is a NASCRAP fan who knows doodle squat about dirt late model racing! He just surfs the web looking for anything to post about.
    And I thought he dreamed this sht up in his sleep.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    North Carolina has selective enforcement, the other piece is that the venue at Charlotte is a) high profile b) holds more than 10,000 people. CMS cannot risk the negative publicity nor the backlash that they would receive from the state government. Politically, CMS has to make sure the follow the governor's orders....
    Ie.. Bruton and son don’t want to upset the cookie cart at this point. Carolina has a huge sign out front that basically says we support the 1st amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    And I thought he dreamed this sht up in his sleep.
    Instead of running you mouth we might as well meet at a go kart track and settle this thing on the track where it belongs 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Instead of running you mouth we might as well meet at a go kart track and settle this thing on the track where it belongs 
    Well this ought to be good.... Bring it to GoPro Motorplex in Mooresville, NC next week, fairly sure I could get you a discount just to watch! Maybe a whole 4m 'grudge match' event during the World Finals or Short Track Nationals?

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Well this ought to be good.... Bring it to GoPro Motorplex in Mooresville, NC next week, fairly sure I could get you a discount just to watch! Maybe a whole 4m 'grudge match' event during the World Finals or Short Track Nationals?
    Most excellent idea . Will there be any rich kid cup drivers there so we can wear them out too? 😁😜
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 10-24-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Most excellent idea . Will there be any rich kid cup drivers there so we can wear them out too? 
    There usually are...

Went to the WoO at Lancaster this year place is a dump with a dump outside the track. Bags of trash in the ditches and on side of the road. I was embarrassed being from SC seeing people from out of state parking on top of trash because of limited parking. The inside looks like they never cut grass or clean under the stand after a race. The bathrooms had spider web and beer cans in the toilet. Nothing beats going out to the parking lot and seeing Raccoon on top of car eating trash.
    Last edited by BEVANS; 10-24-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Actually I’d just team up with fox fire and we show these punk kids what some real racin is all about 😀😀😜