Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jackie Boggs

Real sorry to hear this rip I liked his daddy too.

Way to young to happen.. thoughts and prayers to the family

Just flat sad news. Guess he was on his way to Florence Speedway when it happen. Had the pleasure of speaking with him on a number of occasions at Eldora. Truly a nice dude and took his time to speak with me. Prayers to the entire Boggs family and friend this is a huge loss for the dirt late model community. Jackie to me was a throw back and raced where ever he wanted when ever he wanted. I guess the only consolation is you get to speak with your dad Jack and Randy again. God Speed Jackie. Gonna miss being able to speak with ya at Eldora. Rest easy #4B #LastTrueOutlaw
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

RIP Jackie. You were and will always be my favorite.😢💔

Very sad or hear this .....prayers to his family , friends and his team.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

about the same age as his dad if im not mistaken. race in peace

RIP Jackie Boggs! Hate the devestating news, just sick to my stomach!

Never got to meet him, but you knew the Boggs name wherever you were from. Great deal of talent in that family. My condolences to his family, friends and fans.

I have a Jackie Boggs story this one happened in 2006 at the UMP Fall Nationals at Eldora. It was a Friday night and he had arrived at like 2p.m. or so. Anyway he had parked in the outside pits and was walking up the hill in turn 3 to look at the track. I was standing there and he asked me if i had a light so he could smoke i said i did not have one but my dad did he sat and smoked and talked to us for about 30 minutes he smoked 2 cigarettes and just seemed soo happy and was soo nice. A few years later i was at the World 100 on Friday around 1 p.m. and he talked to me again such a shame he passed.

Truly a local hero around here and something you never thought would happen. Myself and several thousands are heartbroken. I hope Andi and all of Jackie’s kids know he was loved immensely.

Thumbs up

Thought I would share a couple of pictures.

Eldora Speedway - 2018 World 100 weekend.
    #RestInPeace4B Jackie Boggs. — at Eldora Speedway.

Eldora Speedway - 2018 Dirt Late Model Dream weekend
    #RestInPeace4B Jackie Boggs. — at Eldora Speedway.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Hope they do a "One last ride" for him.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

We first met Jackie when he was a teenager, and several times later over the years while cheering for his dad. Jackie gave my son one of those special moments that seem so little, but mean so much. We were at Clay City and in line at the concession stand during intermission, behind the main grandstand. They didn’t have concessions in the infield pits, so drivers would cross the track if they wanted something. Jackie pulled up on a four-wheeler and got in line behind us. He recognized me and we chit chatted for a few seconds. My son was maybe 5 at the time and already a huge racing fan and he just wanted to high five from Jackie. Then my son said something about the four-wheeler and Jackie asked him if he wanted to go for a ride. Of course my son wanted to, so off they went. They rode around for a few minutes and when they got back my son had a smile on his face that stayed there until he fell asleep that night. It was just a simple little gesture by Jackie, but my son remembered it and talked about it for years. You never know when a brief act of kindness will turn into something much bigger for the person on the receiving end of it.

That's very cool.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

RIP 4B!

Prayers

When I was 16, I was standing in line at Muskingum for amake up STARS race. I always bought my own pit passes but that night I didn't have to. One of Jackie's crew members couldn't make it back so he just turned around and handed me the old pit pass to exchange. I just said thanks Jackie and he winked and said be careful in there. He was someone that made you feel like you knew him forever when you just met him.

He was beating the field at Eldora in '04 and '05, just couldn't keep it together for 100 laps. A win in '05 would have been special, since his care was detailed like his dad. I think it was the 10 anniversary of is dad's win.

Tribute video for Jackie Boggs on the OhioValleyDTR.com Facebook page posted by Jon Moorhead.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1802...5691589910639/
    Nathan Stephens

Cool story TerryM. Lots of people are good at the big things and doing the right thing when everyone is looking. What you do when few are looking is who you really are. Good for the 4b.

In a world of cookie cutter people it’s always sad to lose those that move to the beat of their own drum. Especially tough at a young age. His dad was the first person that I didn’t already know that I became a fan of when I was little. I never met either of them officially but was always a fan of both.

Prayers for his family and friends.

Great hearing your guys stories. Thanks for sharing them. Watched him many times once I moved down here in around 2000, may not have been a big fan of his style, but, he was a wheelman. Shame, I will miss him.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.