Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Gustin

Default Ryan Gustin

The Reaper is one of the most underrated drivers out there in my humble opinion. The man can flat out wheel it and he put on a show tonight at the 41st Annual Spooker @ Tri-State Speedway. He became the first driver to ever win in both the modified and the late model class. In the mod, He started dead last in a B feature since he wasn’t there for heat races yesterday and finished 3rd. Started the feature 16th and drove to the front and outgunned Chad Wheeler for the win. The late model race was a little bit different story, he started on the pole, but battled with Kyle Beard for the first 12 laps or so until it became caution plagued and they could barely get a lap in. I know he hasn’t been racing much since the incident with his shop, but I sure do enjoy every time I get to watch him run.

Gustin was on a rail tonight, that's for sure. I haven't been to Tri-State in several years, but with the reconfiguration they did, tonight was the best racing I've ever seen there. They can actually run the outside apart from the late models putting rubber down. They do need to do something about the turn 1 wall, maybe arc it a bit more. It's kinda dangerous there, reminds me of Lone Star Speedway in TX.

Always been a fan since his early mod days, he leaves it on the track for sure.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by wreck View Post
    Gustin was on a rail tonight, that's for sure. I haven't been to Tri-State in several years, but with the reconfiguration they did, tonight was the best racing I've ever seen there. They can actually run the outside apart from the late models putting rubber down. They do need to do something about the turn 1 wall, maybe arc it a bit more. It's kinda dangerous there, reminds me of Lone Star Speedway in TX.
    I haven't been to try State State in several years either. What reconfiguration did they do?

We haven't been in a few years,but The Spooker was always a fun race to go to. I've heard stories of 400-600 car counts,and the Friday portion getting over with as the sun was rising. The racing was always so-so,but it was entertaining just to watch the cars fly around that place. Love the view as the sun sets over those fields the track overlooks.

We always went to World Burger in Fort Smith before the races before it shut down. They had incredible burgers,but the shutdown could've been for lack of business or by the health department.

Tri-State is the only place I've ever seen a water truck crash. It was a truck and trailer type,and the driver got loose coming out of 4. He smacked the inside wall and sent dust and onlookers flying.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by wreck View Post
    I live 20 minutes away and used to just go out of obligation. Spent many a night watching a locked down track. The new owners have done a great job over the last few years making needed changes and hopefully it continues to get better. Last night was the fastest I have ever seen the track. According to MyRacePass, Beard had the fastest lap with a 16.128 which is getting extremely close to the track record which I believe is a 15.9 set by Chubb Frank. If they would have ran more green flag laps I believe that would have been broken, as it continued to pick up speed as the race progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    We haven't been in a few years,but The Spooker was always a fun race to go to. I've heard stories of 400-600 car counts,and the Friday portion getting over with as the sun was rising. The racing was always so-so,but it was entertaining just to watch the cars fly around that place. Love the view as the sun sets over those fields the track overlooks. We always went to World Burger in Fort Smith before the races before it shut down. They had incredible burgers,but the shutdown could've been for lack of business or by the health department.Tri-State is the only place I've ever seen a water truck crash. It was a truck and trailer type,and the driver got loose coming out of 4. He smacked the inside wall and sent dust and onlookers flying.
    Hahaha sounds about right. They had 256 there last night and it was 1:45 when the late model race was over. Still had a B-Mod, Super Stock, and 100 lap Enduro race left. Can’t remember the year, but it was sometime in the early 2000’s and there was over 400 cars... they finished the late model race at 4AM that year. Definitely a spectacle to watch... there were 5 rollovers last night and 3 on Friday night.

If someone would get him in a quality ride he be just as good as Ricky Thornton or Strickler

There is only one REAPER...and that the Fairbury Illinois REAPER Mckay Wenger #42 Thats a true Reaper!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooleo74 View Post
    If someone would get him in a quality ride he be just as good as Ricky Thornton or Strickler
    I've always wondered what would've been IF the Gressel ride had lasted longer than it did.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I've always wondered what would've been IF the Gressel ride had lasted longer than it did.
    At the time guy was the best modified driver in the country. Bloomer came to Mississippi Thunder Speedway for the big money and ran 2nd to the reaper

Also gustin had one of the best quotes after getting dumped by terblow. Race with squirrels u get ur nuts cracked

At the time guy was the best modified driver in the country. Bloomer came to Mississippi Thunder Speedway for the big money and ran 2nd to the reaper
    The impressive part was Bloomquist running second considering that was probably his second time in a modified.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Our ride is as good as anyone’s. We put the time in every day. Coming from a modified background it’s been a learning curve for sure. Add in I got burned in the shop fire and everything else, I’m happy with the year we are having.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

^thats what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by RacingDirt82 View Post
    There is only one REAPER...and that the Fairbury Illinois REAPER Mckay Wenger #42 Thats a true Reaper!!!
    I like McKay but there’s really no comparison... Wenger isn’t even in the same atmosphere as Gustin

[QUOTE=AllenK;2364429]We haven't been in a few years,but The Spooker was always a fun race to go to. I've heard stories of 400-600 car counts,and the Friday portion getting over with as the sun was rising. The racing was always so-so,but it was entertaining just to watch the cars fly around that place. Love the view as the sun sets over those fields the track overlooks.

I was there crewing the year we had 400+ cars and our Late model heat was over after 3:00AM. The Mod heats started after that. They did not finish up until 3 hours+ later while we slept in the camper. There were cars there from as far away as Washington state. Incredible amount of cars there and without a doubt the longest night I ever had at the race track.

Good to hear Ryan Gustin had a great weekend after having had such a tragic start to the season with the fire and all. Not many racers can recover so quickly after having their race car and garage burn. I look for several wins from Gustin in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The Gressel ride still exsists today. There are money reasons why Gustin & Thornton both walked away from that ride. McKay Wenger???? Who is she?????

Ryan, you & your team are doing great. Don't let the 4m trolls get you mad or upset enough to reply to them. They are not worthy of your time. Seriously, the best thing to do is NOT even reply to these knuckleheads. Good luck