Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Gustin

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Ryan, you & your team are doing great. Don't let the 4m trolls get you mad or upset enough to reply to them. They are not worthy of your time. Seriously, the best thing to do is NOT even reply to these knuckleheads. Good luck
    I don't think anyone is trolling. I think they are saying he would do better in a car where there wasn't a learning curve. He took it to mean his equipment was no good.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I don't feel like anybody hear insinuated his equipment isn't good. I took it as they wish he would have more opportunities to race that a good ride has to offer. The guy has been really good lately and super consistent. I too would love to see Ryan get the opportunity to race more

comparing the two reapers is nonsense... ump country vs imca country is apples to oranges.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

The Gressel ride still exsists today. There are money reasons why Gustin & Thornton both walked away from that ride. McKay Wenger???? Who is she?????
    How about a track champion at the greatest dirt track in America
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    comparing the two reapers is nonsense... ump country vs imca country is apples to oranges.
    Except the real reaper came to the hell tour and made some noise this year then won the mod and late model portion of the spooker in one year. Where was that other reaper at during all that?

I think when people see the late model and dont know the owners and its not the blue 1, or one of the other top 10 teams they take it as being below average quality. I dont think you go run the amount of times he has and run up front without it being a quality ride. He is an above average wheelman and seems to be able to relay what the car needs and parlays that into top 3 finishes and pays some bills.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    We haven't been in a few years,but The Spooker was always a fun race to go to. I've heard stories of 400-600 car counts,and the Friday portion getting over with as the sun was rising. The racing was always so-so,but it was entertaining just to watch the cars fly around that place. Love the view as the sun sets over those fields the track overlooks.

We always went to World Burger in Fort Smith before the races before it shut down. They had incredible burgers,but the shutdown could've been for lack of business or by the health department.

Tri-State is the only place I've ever seen a water truck crash. It was a truck and trailer type,and the driver got loose coming out of 4. He smacked the inside wall and sent dust and onlookers flying.

I spent my first 25 years of life in Fort Smith. Raced tri-state for the 2005 season in a hairball front wheel drive class before I decided I wanted to get into the 600cc micro sprints that looked a lot more fun and surprisingly more safe. I spent every Saturday night at that track from the time I was about 10 until about 21. Good times. Definitely lots of late Spooker nights. I think there was a couple of years there where Moyer (and Kyle Berck I think one time) took the checkered flag to win the late models at well after 4-5 AM Sunday morning. That event used to be about the Arklahoma equivalent to the EAMS National 100. The first year I moved down to Florida I went up to that National 100 weekend and felt like I was right at home at the Spooker!
    Last edited by zach51; 10-26-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    Except the real reaper came to the hell tour and made some noise this year
    I can't remember, how many S.N. events did he win?
    8/13/16

I don't believe Ryan Gustin has raced an IMCA car in several several years IF he did at all. So, to say UMP vs IMCA is a crock of crap. Ryan Gustin raced USMTS for several championships & over 100 USMTS wins while Wegner raced a bunch of nobodies to win a weekly track championship Reaper goes to GUSTIN

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I can't remember, how many S.N. events did he win?
    How many did wegner even run????

How many did wegner even run????
    1 at Fals. Says DNS on his website but on DoD it says he finished 20th. That was in between winning 4 out of 5 events there
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I don't believe Ryan Gustin has raced an IMCA car in several several years IF he did at all. So, to say UMP vs IMCA is a crock of crap. Ryan Gustin raced USMTS for several championships & over 100 USMTS wins while Wegner raced a bunch of nobodies to win a weekly track championship Reaper goes to GUSTIN
    USMTS are guys that can't hack it in late models. It shows the budget Gustin has compared to Wenger if anything. When he starts getting wins in a UMP late model we can talk.

He has a couple Lucas MLRA wins in the past month or two...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Just going out on a limb here but I would say Ryan Gustin races full time.Wenger has a day job.
    8/13/16

USMTS are guys that can't hack it in late models. It shows the budget Gustin has compared to Wenger if anything. When he starts getting wins in a UMP late model we can talk.
    So USMTS is for guys that can't hack it in late models, huh?? Seems Ricky Thornton Jr. can handle late models just fine. Ryan Gustin won late model races in the Gressel ride. Seems you should probably look into facts. Wegner may win at a UMP weekly race but where is he when the lights are turned on??? I mean where does he finish when thre likes of Sheppard, Erb, Shirley, Babb, Simpson...etc show up. Guy can't finish in the top 5 if he even qualifies. Ryan Gustin is 10 times the wheelman McKay Wegner will ever be.
    Last edited by 0_VodooChild_0; 10-26-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Didn't Wenger get popped for tires or am I thinking of someone else.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Winning in a UMP late model weekly show ??? You must be kidding? Gustin is 10 times the wheelman Wenger will EVER be. You can hang on Wenger nuts all you want, I'll still take Gustin to wheel a car over "YOUR" boy
    All I know is when I'm hanging on the 42's nuts you will still be behind us riding on your boys scrotum

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Just going out on a limb here but I would say Ryan Gustin races full time.Wenger has a day job.
    That may be true but WisWildManFan seems to think that Wegner could hang with the best of the best because he won the track championship at a UMP track. That must make Wegner the best ever according to WisWildManFan.

So USMTS is for guys that can't hack it in late models, huh?? Seems Ricky Thornton Jr. can handle late models just fine. Ryan Gustin won late model races in the Gressel ride. Seems you should probably look into facts. Wegner may win at a UMP weekly race but where is he when the lights are turned on??? I mean where does he finish when thre likes of Sheppard, Erb, Shirley, Babb, Simpson...etc show up. Guy can't finish in the top 5 if he even qualifies. Ryan Gustin is 10 times the wheelman McKay Wegner will ever be.
    Blah Blah Blah still not impressed with him

All I know is when I'm hanging on the 42's nuts you will still be behind us riding on your boys scrotum
    You kill me. You must be a fan of Poo power motors too. Not a fan of Gustin, just know a race car driver when I see one. Just a fan of racing. I have no dog in this fight but to say Gustin isn't anything till he wins a UMP weekly late model show, shows you don't know crap

That may be true but WisWildManFan seems to think that Wegner could hang with the best of the best because he won the track championship at a UMP track. That must make Wegner the best ever according to WisWildManFan.
    I never said that and I know Gustin can't hang with the best