Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Gustin

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I never said that and I know Gustin can't hang with the best
    Gustin drove from the back at I-80 a couple of years ago to lead the Silver Dollar Nationals only to have a tire let go BUT he can't hang....OK..... SMH

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Gustin drove from the back at I-80 a couple of years ago to lead the Silver Dollar Nationals only to have a tire let go BUT he can't hang....OK..... SMH
    so he abused his tire?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    That may be true but WisWildManFan seems to think that Wegner could hang with the best of the best because he won the track championship at a UMP track. That must make Wegner the best ever according to WisWildManFan.
    I must have missed the part where WWMF said McKay was the best ever. You like to twist things up a bit obviously. Out of all the SN races I attended, Gustin had speed but was never a threat to win. If he is all that, I would of expected a win somewhere during the tour. If Wenger had the funding to quit his day job, he'd probably be out on the road more.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Didn't Wenger get popped for tires or am I thinking of someone else.
    ????well, give us the info?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    ????well, give us the info?
    Might've been thinking of someone else.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Might've been thinking of someone else.
    Yea nice backpedal.
    8/13/16

Not really. I said in the original post I might've been thinking of someone else. Feger perhaps??? 🤭
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

homework assignment: take your best shot.

2020 - Mckay Wenger
    https://www.myracepass.com/schedule/...=driver&y=2020

2020 - Ryan Gustin
    https://www.myracepass.com/schedule/...=driver&y=2020
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

This thread is full of freezing cold hot takes.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I'd agree with that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Good pillow fight makes the day go by fast
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

So is there video of his racing this weekend? Sounds like a hell of a show.

Highside Hustler25....Very well said....if Mcay Wenger didnt have a real job and a family and all he did was race full time like Gustin mckay could run up front with any of them...Mckay works very hard for what he got.....He not a spoiled punk like some of these late model guys....Just like jason fegers if he raced more he whould win alot more or had sponsors like some of them have....People can just give a low budget local guy alot of credit...Bit i will there alot of really good cars at fairbury every sat night and for mckay to be the champion thats a hell of a job GOOD JOB THE REAL REAPER MCKAY WENGER#42....GUSTIN IS A WANNABE REAPER.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    USMTS are guys that can't hack it in late models. It shows the budget Gustin has compared to Wenger if anything. When he starts getting wins in a UMP late model we can talk.
    You should have stopped after the IMCA comment, which as someone else pointed out has nothing to do with this conversation. Richie Gustin, Jimmy Gustin, and Janae Gustin run IMCA, Ryan does not.

You follow that up with this nugget, "USMTS are guys that can't hack it in late models."

Ever heard of Cade Dilliard? He was a regular with the USMTS and has won several late model events, including some major special events and is one of the top WoO drivers.

Rodney Sanders has not ran a lot of late model events, but won several races when he did.

The Scott brothers came from the USMTS series and have had some success in late models.

And Ryan Gustin has won numerous late model races, including some with national fields.
    Last edited by fryefan; 10-27-2020 at 12:35 AM.

Thank you for the IMCA clarification. Also, I believe a driver named Ricky Thornton Jr won 2 races at the IMCA Supernationals, a Lucas Oil Late Model race & a World of Outlaws race this year.. So to say guys from IMCA & USMTS can't drive is crap. Wheelmen can drive anything.

VodooChild -- You nailed it with your last statement.

"Wheelmen can drive anything."

Kyle Larson, Jimmy Owens, Ricky Thornton Jr., Kyle Strickler & Ryan Gustin are all proof of this.

There are certainly others that could be added to this list and I am not slighting them, but those 5 immediately came to mind.

I also want to add that my posts in this thread are not a slight to McKay Wenger.

I don't know why someone had to hijack this thread that was about Ryan Gustin, which in turn started posters putting one or the other down. Personally, I enjoy watching BOTH Reapers run and both are quality wheelmen.
    Last edited by fryefan; 10-27-2020 at 12:26 AM.

TeamGRT12x -- I tried to reply to your post (#14) on the 1st page of this thread, but the "Reply with Quote" option rarely works on this forum anymore (for me anyway).

With that being said, I want to commend you guys on battling through several issues earlier this year and finishing the season with numerous wins and other front of the field finishes. Others would have probably thrown in the towel and given up on the year. You guys stayed the course and it has paid off.

Keep up the hard work and finish the year strong. Hopefully, the gremlins will leave you guys alone next year and you can get a full season in.
    Last edited by fryefan; 10-27-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I also want to add that my posts in this thread are not a slight to McKay Wenger. I don't know why someone had to hijack this thread that was about Ryan Gustin, which in turn started posters putting one or the other down. Personally, I enjoy watching BOTH Reapers run and both are quality wheelmen.
    No kidding. Heck, I’ve never seen McKay Wenger run before. I’m sure he’s a great driver. I was simply trying to point out what a great weekend Gustin had, but some people decide to turn it into a pi$$ing match. Maybe he’ll come down again on Thursday night for the $10,000 to win mod race. Should be a great show especially with Owens and BShep joining the action.

I am pretty sure that Ryan and his crew are planning on running the 4 big mod shows this weekend.