Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ryan Gustin

I have another freezing hot take....the weather for Tri-State on Thursday is not looking great. Going to be in the 40's and 30's......and then may get some R word mixed in there with it. Sounds miserable. Hopefully it works out though.

Being from iowa and I race weekly at my home track. I mever seen anything more impressive then Ryan s and joe years together and the run they had on the usmts tour. They absolutly dominated . I still get parts and tires from Joe from time to time. Going in his office and seeing the national championship trophy and the hardware them guys won over them years is awesome. Ya I d like to see him have more opportunity to run a national series late model schedule more lucas or woo. But i also have a child so I uderstand wanting to be home with the family to.. In a dream world id like see him and Birky team up . in a dream!

ryan will run up front whatever hes driving.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    We haven't been in a few years,but The Spooker was always a fun race to go to. I've heard stories of 400-600 car counts,and the Friday portion getting over with as the sun was rising. The racing was always so-so,but it was entertaining just to watch the cars fly around that place. Love the view as the sun sets over those fields the track overlooks.

We always went to World Burger in Fort Smith before the races before it shut down. They had incredible burgers,but the shutdown could've been for lack of business or by the health department.

Tri-State is the only place I've ever seen a water truck crash. It was a truck and trailer type,and the driver got loose coming out of 4. He smacked the inside wall and sent dust and onlookers flying.

I just want to clarify that the water truck didn't hit anyone. He just sent the spectators standing by the pit wall running. I think it might've bent the trailer a little,but nobody got hurt. It was a solid hit,though...

Not surprised the show rained out. It was cold and terrible here this week. Rained a bunch also. We were in between a hurricane and a blizzard/ice storm.
    Formerly 66#1

It was 2001 when they had all the cars for the Spooker. My uncle and cousin owned and promoted Tri State in 2001 and 2002. Bought it from Cecil Harlan (RIP) in late 2000. I won in my class at the Spooker in 2005 and 2008.