Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Is this the same person being talked about in this thread?

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?397...yler+Carpenter
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Good race. Wouldn't have bothered me to see Carpenter win, but I was glad to see Chilton get it. Those Bullock engines aren't super-well known, but they seem strong.

What happened to the drama queen post on this thread?

I like Tyler, I like his honest, from the heart interviews. And his driving I usually like.

Yeah he can be a little overzealous, he’s still younger. But he is gradually calming down. And as long as he learns and is shown how not to race, then I’m good with it.

But I do like him, they are earning theirs, weren’t giving anything. Hopefully this new ride pans out and he stays with them next year.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Given.****
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The first time I saw him run over a car was in a heat race at moler just a few years ago ... When I saw the hair on him I asked who is that guy .... I guess I insulted a few people around me for Not knowing who he was ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I think the Summer Nats is a good look at what this kid is and capable of. As I remember it he was looking to branch out and run in open company and new tracks to develop........ The first 3ish races he was a wild man showing he was fast and impatient. IIRC he didn't finish any of the races.

In a heat he was just ahead of Marler and nearly ran him into the wall coming up the track out of 4. Marler returned the favor and wrecked him sliding up and putting his rear end into him entering turn 4.

Kid got it. Next few races he calmed down, rode the bottom, made passes when it was reasonable to do so, stayed out of trouble, no wrecks and finished the next few races. ............. Kid matured in those few races. To me he's a talented racer who is developing and has shown the capacity to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Then he decides the new tire he just got wasn't what he needed....came in again, got another one
    They put on the wrong tire. That's why he came in the 2nd time
    8/13/16

Tyler Carpenter will end up being a goat if he sticks with it for 20 more years

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Let’s pump the brakes a tad

Yeah, that's a pretty bold statement. He's very good, but a lot of things have to go right to make you a top 10 driver or better of all time.

I just happened upon this video. Holy smokes. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OHliipRLqrQ

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I just happened upon this video. Holy smokes. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OHliipRLqrQ
    Absolutely used up Dale McDowell, who is the cleanest racer in America. Then destroyed his car to finish a straightaway behind the leader. Real impressive stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Absolutely used up Dale McDowell, who is the cleanest racer in America. Then destroyed his car to finish a straightaway behind the leader. Real impressive stuff
    Yep. Fans got a show too.

Finished in 3rd and qualified to the feature at a Lucas show, that is impressive for a lower budget racer.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He was entertaining for sure. It got interesting at the end for sure. I wish more cars had finished.
    For Sure, For Sure.

You sound like a Brazilian Open Wheel Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Jesus. I'm sure they're holding a spot for him in the Hall of Fame.

For some reason, he looks like a tweeker to me.

Wasn't he caught stealing racing stuff from someone too?

He's told everybody he don't come there to F around, and that goes for anywhere he races. He doesn't shy away from it, he owns up to it. IMO, if he drove like he did and acted like he wasn't doing any wrong, it would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Reynolds View Post
    Jesus. I'm sure they're holding a spot for him in the Hall of Fame.

For some reason, he looks like a tweeker to me.

Wasn't he caught stealing racing stuff from someone too?
    Not that I’ve ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    He's told everybody he don't come there to F around, and that goes for anywhere he races. He doesn't shy away from it, he owns up to it. IMO, if he drove like he did and acted like he wasn't doing any wrong, it would be different.
    That's fine an all, but he better be ok with it when what comes around, goes around.