Default Mastersbilt Smackdown Spindles

Can someone tell me the benefit of the S7 vs Smack spindles? Just picked up a leftover 07 Raised Rail square tube smack from a old race team that only had 4 crate races in 08, then parked. Every part new. Owner lost interest. The car had Sweet 202 spindles and 18.5 RL arm on it so I drove it the way it came for one practice session. 600hp Limited (heavy motor, Little M Block) LF 450#, RF 275#, LR 125# RR 250# springs. It was ok, not as good as my reverse strut 18 longhorn, but ok. So I called and got the new 19.5 RF lower with the 2 shock mounting options, the S7 spindles, new style raised motor plate, and readjusted the caster, camber and bump. LF 425#, RF 275# LR 125#, RR 225#, all new Swift springs. Not really a good adjustment. It didn't really help anywhere and now it does not feel like it's rolling over on the RF any and skates off at exit. Would the 1" Taller S7 pin height be why. Not much else was changed. I'm guessing the S7 pin height is for helping with the frame rubbing the track? The frame has never touched the track even with the shorter Sweet 202's. I guess what I'm getting at is, is there more to the hyped S7 set-up where I should try to work it out or abandon the S7 and go back to the 202's that has a better starting point?

Post in tech section would be best to get good assistance. All gonna say is mastersbilt not fast for a reason. Not sure why or where their speed missing but you may be further ahead to talk with fast guys in mastersbilt cars.Spangler in Michigan comes to mind as one.

I personally believe these cars are all similar. Their steel tubing welded with 4 wheels. They each have their own sweet spot, it's just matter of finding it

The lowered pin is for ground clearance. Going from standard smack to s7 was a huge benefit, in my experience. I know nothing of the Sweet spindles. Not sure what you are doing with bumps, or other ways to progressively add rf load, but a straight 275 should plow the track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I think the main problem is that you have a modern 2018 Longhorn and you're messing with a 2007 Mastersbilt.

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    I think the main problem is that you have a modern 2018 Longhorn and you're messing with a 2007 Mastersbilt.
    Nothing a plasma cutter and welder can't fix. That car can still win as is, if you pick your battles right. But, yeah, a straight comparison to a newer Horn isn't really fair.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Talk to Tader Masters about his new raised x members he sells...nice stuff.

Plus he has new style four bar brackets.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Wasn;t Michael Page driving an old Mastersbilt at All Tech last weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I know he has like an 04 GRThe has won a pile of races in. He still races it some I believe.

That's sounds right.

He did run an older Masters at Volusia in crates, earlier this year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    The announcer said it was an 04!

This car will be fitted with a 602 later. The limited motor is a spare and all I had to try the car. If I can make it work with this limited, I know I can make a 602 work. Just didn't know if the S7 was monkey see monkey do or if the S7 had merit. I know the more you can sink that RF corner the better it will turn, but the limit is usually the frame. Thats why I was wondering about the pin height. Its has the raised right and the powder coat still looks new. So a few races in 604 and 40 laps with a 520# steel head didnt make it hit with the 202's thats an inch shorter than the S7. I'm gonna try a couple more things before I toss the S7 i guess. And I'm on the same school of thinking that they all have 4 tires and bars that can be moved. Caster camber and bump adjustment is common with all cars. Gain, RC, MC and IC all can be altered if you know how. Braces can be added. I know my LH has a couple more braces for a stiffer frame. Anyway I do think as long as the frame is not tweaked it can be a contender. Yes Page has a older one than mine he drives but he could probably wheel a honey wagon to the finish ahead of me. There are more than a few old cars in the premier classes placing well against the newer ones. Oh,, and I did ask about the X member but its only for round tube. Mines is square. I have heard rumor it could be done but haven't investigated farther.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Butter Falcon View Post
    This car will be fitted with a 602 later. The limited motor is a spare and all I had to try the car. If I can make it work with this limited, I know I can make a 602 work. Just didn't know if the S7 was monkey see monkey do or if the S7 had merit. I know the more you can sink that RF corner the better it will turn, but the limit is usually the frame. Thats why I was wondering about the pin height. Its has the raised right and the powder coat still looks new. So a few races in 604 and 40 laps with a 520# steel head didnt make it hit with the 202's thats an inch shorter than the S7. I'm gonna try a couple more things before I toss the S7 i guess. And I'm on the same school of thinking that they all have 4 tires and bars that can be moved. Caster camber and bump adjustment is common with all cars. Gain, RC, MC and IC all can be altered if you know how. Braces can be added. I know my LH has a couple more braces for a stiffer frame. Anyway I do think as long as the frame is not tweaked it can be a contender. Yes Page has a older one than mine he drives but he could probably wheel a honey wagon to the finish ahead of me. There are more than a few old cars in the premier classes placing well against the newer ones. Oh,, and I did ask about the X member but its only for round tube. Mines is square. I have heard rumor it could be done but haven't investigated farther.
    I have all the current front end updates from Masters and my '03 is square tube.
    Class of 2019

This is my '03. You can see the xmember was moved back and the flat plate now mounts the rack.

Look closely and you can see how we "raised" the right frame rail per MasterSbilt Racer's suggestions. Just straightened out the kink in the right pail.

https://flic.kr/p/2iA7SmX
    Last edited by Krooser; 10-28-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    Class of 2019