Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, Fred has his own pack car as well..... Most of the pack cars are older gentlemen that provide the car (and helmet), in return I believe he let's them in for free. One of the other things they have always done is hand you a garbage bag as you pull down into the pits (pulling in or out of the track can be a challenge itself- Hendren totaled a truck and trailer coming in).

Ricky Bobby Weiss will be there.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

#76 Brandon Overton
    #17m Dale McDowell
    #7 Ricky Weiss
    #7m Donald McIntosh
    #1 Vic Hill

Just got an email from the track's online ticket software refunding my 2 tickets.....wonder if this means their cancelling or just oversold the 1000 ticket threshold
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

Rained out. Just got a txt from them

Default Wythe owner

Owners name is Fred Brown and his son Perry plays a big part to.You will never meet a nicer bunch of people.The restrooms are big and clean.The food is like home cooking.There is not a bad seat in the house.The speed is around 140mph in the straights.

With Wythe cancelling- will any of the teams now go to Richmond, Ky for $10k ?

Track promotors could learn a lot from Fred Brown. It's been awhile since I was there, but these are some of the things that stuck with me. These are just common sense and don't cost money. Here's some examples as seen from the pits:
    - If you're not a regular, you're told where to park.
    - Pit parking spaces are delineated with lime.
    - separate area for parking long haulers
    - as mentioned above, he has a fleet of packing cars equipped with old wide racing tires. He doesn't expect teams to put their cars in the mud to run in the track. And the packing is a show in itself. (This must be where old Crown Vics and Town Cars go when they're put out to stud)
    - The show starts on time and ends early. There is very little wasted downtime.
    - Doesn't run a zillion classes.
    - When your class is called, you better be there to get lined up. Otherwise you'll start on the tail or not at all.
    - Protest rules are clearly posted on a board and defined in depth. No BS process.
    - Tech area is indoors, and lighted well.
    - They list drivers or teams that are in the doghouse (cited for misconduct or stupid driving) on their social media pages.

I could go on with more, but you get the picture. Simple, no (or low cost) practices that are so basic that it's really sad that they stick out as exceptional.

The little things make one exceptional.