FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 27, 2020

Satterlee Claims Bedford’s Keystone Cup
Earns Career-High $20,000 Winner’s Check

INDIANA, Pa. (10/27/20) – On Saturday night Gregg Satterlee raced to the biggest win of his career in his Satterlee Motorsports No. 22 Keyser Manufacturing/ Valvoline/ Classic Ink/ Rocket Chassis.

Satterlee took the lead just past the halfway mark of Bedford Speedway’s 3rd Annual Keystone Cup and sailed away to a convincing victory worth $20,000.

“We used to run here quite a bit and run really well,” said Satterlee, whose two previous wins at Bedford came in 2015 and ’19. “I won a race here last year, but really, ever since we got these new (XR1 Rocket) cars, we’ve haven’t been really good here. We kind of dug back in the notebook a little bit further from our old (Rocket) cars and kind of made some different adjustments from what we normally do here and it was pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.”

Satterlee visited Bedford (Pa.) Speedway on Friday afternoon to kick off the 3rd Annual Keystone Cup. With 35 cars registered for the two-day event, Satterlee timed in fastest in his time trial group before picking up a 16-lap preliminary feature win. Later placing fourth in the Dash, Gregg locked into the fourth-starting position for Saturday night’s main event.

With outside front-row starter Mason Zeigler jumping out to an early race lead, Satterlee took second from Darrell Lanigan on lap 32 after bobbling on an early restart to allow Lanigan to sneak by.

Closing in on Zeigler a few laps later, Gregg whizzed past the leader on the 39th lap to assume command of the top spot. Dominating the final 21 circuits, Satterlee cruised to his eighth win of the season by more than a four-second margin over Zeigler, Lanigan, Tim McCreadie, and Michael Norris.

“I really screwed myself up on that (lap-six) restart,” Satterlee said. “I passed Darrell and got into second and I thought I wanted to pick the top (for the Delaware double-file restart), but I just got into second and I started on the bottom and that cost me a lot of time (after Lanigan made a pass). But I knew my car was good so I just had to be patient and let it all play out.

“There was plenty of time and plenty of laps to get up and pass the cars if your car was good,” he added, “and mine was.”

For full results from this event, please visit www.BedfordSpeedway.com.

Gregg’s plans for the remainder of the 2020 season are uncertain at this time. Keep your browsers pointed to www.GreggSatterlee.com for the latest team news and updates.

Gregg Satterlee would like to thank his marketing partners including Keyser Manufacturing, Valvoline, Classic Ink, Integra Shocks and Springs, Rocket Chassis, All About Wraps, Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Hooker Harness, Simpson Racing Products, Diversified Machine Inc/ Bulldog Rear Ends, Keizer Wheels, Wiles Driveshafts, VP Racing Fuels, AFCO, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest news, updates, and other information regarding Gregg Satterlee, please visit www.GreggSatterlee.com .