FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

October 27, 2020

Chris Simpson Racing Wraps Up Busy Season Bolstered by Five Feature Wins!

(OXFORD, IOWA) Even with the months of March and April wiped out due to coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, Chris Simpson and his #32 team were extremely busy during their 2020 campaign, which started in January with the ‘Wild West Shootout’ at Arizona Speedway and wrapped up over the October 16-17 weekend at Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, Illinois. Chris won his heat race in the penultimate Lucas Oil MLRA Series event of the season on Friday, October 16 and later drove to an impressive runner-up in the A-Main behind only $5,000 victor Mason Oberkramer.

Throughout 2020, Chris primarily competed in his familiar #32 Super Late Model, but did also wheel car owner Doug Cue’s IMCA Modified at select events during the year. In all, the Oxford, Iowa standout entered sixty-one (61) total races throughout 2020 and racked up five (5) feature victories, twenty-one (21) Top Five finishes, and thirty-four (34) Top Ten efforts.

Three of his wins came in IMCA Modified action in his home state of Iowa, while Chris also visited victory lane in his Super Late Model at Maquoketa Speedway in Maquoketa, Iowa back on June 13 and at Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, Illinois on September 24. The triumph in Lucas Oil MLRA Series competition at Maquoketa was worth $5,000, while his win in the first night of a tripleheader at Granite City netted Chris another $2,000 payday. You can read weekend recaps for Chris Simpson Racing and view all of their results by pointing your web browser to www.ChrisSimpson32.com.

“I think we had a pretty good 2020 season – especially considering the circumstances,” quoted Simpson via telephone recently. “Even with missing several races due to COVID postponements, we were still able to compete in over 60 events, which is more than what we have been doing the past couple of years. I think we really picked our program up late in the season when we made the switch to MB Customs racecars and I’m looking forward to starting off the year with them in either Arizona or Florida early next season. A huge thank you has to go out to each one of our sponsors and supporters, as I could not do it without each one of them along with my family and crew!”

Chris Simpson Racing would like to give a heartfelt thanks to each one of their sponsors including: Hoker Trucking, Randy Davidson Trucking, C & J Trucking of Iowa, Iowa Illinois Taylor Insulation, Superior Cleaning, Five Star Shop Service Company, Nutrien Ag Solutions, MB Customs, MarsRaceCars.com, Penske Racing Shocks, Swift Springs, Durham Race Engines, Simpson Farms, VP Racing Fuels Heartland, Chase Decals, Hoosier Tire Midwest by Bryan Zulauf, FK Rod Ends, Delph Communications, Performance Bodies, Dyers Top Rods, Hooker Harness, Dynamic Drivelines, Midwest Sheet Metal Company, Speedwerx, Precision Performance, and Gorsuch Performance Solutions.

Keep up with Chris Simpson and his Chris Simpson Racing team all year long online at www.ChrisSimpson32.com or follow them across different social media platforms - facebook.com/ChrisSimpson32 or on Twitter @TeamSimpson32.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com